by TygerNight

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [PS4] Work Tooltip Keeps Popping Up

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.23
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything Available
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim with a career.
What happens when the bug occurs? The career info pops up when the sim is working on work tasks at every % change in their home task. It appears when they at work. It appears when you switch to sims who don't have a job.
What do you expect to see? The tooltip not popping up constantly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.22

Here's a video and some screenshots!

Cedric is a toddler, he can't even get a job.

The Sims™ 4_20200207123145.jpg

Tooltip Popup while working on the work task.

The Sims™ 4_20200205120634_1.jpg

Message 1 of 6 (1,543 Views)

[PS4] Career Menu Stuck

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.23
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game as a child on PS4, click on the careers tab, and then get off the tab or go onto another tab.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever getting off the career tab on kids, the about school performance gets stuck on the screen.
What do you expect to see? The school about school performance gets off the screen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is happening on all my saves, I don’t know if anyone else is having this problem.

Message 2 of 6 (1,474 Views)

Re: [PS4] Career Menu Stuck

Hero
@SwanQueenVI Merged your post with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (1,403 Views)

Toddler jobs?!

★ Guide

So I've long been dealing with a stupid glitch or something that puts up info from a menu that's not open. It started with random item descriptions floating around when my inventory wasn't open. Ugh. Then it spread to telling me about what will help my Sims' job performance when the career menu again was not open. 

I just got the cherry on top- A free-floating message to 'Select to find a job for Crista.' I took a pic with my phone to show that Crista is a TODDLER. What on Earth is up with these floating messages from menus that aren't open, and targeting the wrong age group?!? This is seriously stupid. 

~Tyger

Message 4 of 6 (1,380 Views)

Re: Toddler jobs?!

Hero
@TygerNight I merged your post with the bug report on this.

You're on console as well, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (1,367 Views)

Re: Toddler jobs?!

★ Guide

@crinrict Yes I'm on a PS4, thanks. Standard smile

~Tyger <3

Message 6 of 6 (1,327 Views)