by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

[OPEN] [PS/XB] Unable to Sell Stacks from Household Inventory

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.23
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything Available
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a household with multiple stacks of items in their household inventory. This can be produce, paintings; etc. Anything Stackable.
What happens when the bug occurs? Pressing the sell button does not work for stacks in the inventory, you can only sell the items one at a time and not the whole stack.
What do you expect to see? Being able to sell stacks from the household inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Nothing like packing up your massive garden when you move, only to get to the new house and realize all that produce is dumped into the household inventory and you get to sit there for hours selling them one at a time! 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 2 of 36 (7,719 Views)

PS4 Unable to sell stacks in household inventory

★★ Guide

I have al lot of harvestables in my household inventory I want to sell but it only allows one at a time. It’s taking forever because the game lags badly when selling those items. It took me over an hour to sell a few fruit stacks before I got so frustrated I had to stop. I also tried restarting the game but it still lags selling harvestables. I know there used to be a way to sell stacks but the square and triangle at same time doesn’t work anymore and neither does the square, circle, triangle. I’ve searched online, those are the only options I can find for selling stacks and the threads are from 2017 and 2018. Am I missing something or do we not have this option anymore? Any help is much appreciated, this is driving me batty! Thanks! 

Message 1 of 36 (7,720 Views)

Re: PS4 Unable to sell stacks in household inventory

EA app Team
Triangle should be the button for it, thanks for taking the time to report this.

(@VIKING5GRL I've merged your post into this thread as to have this in the 'Bug reports' section of the forums)
Message 3 of 36 (7,652 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Mai What about PC? I have the same issue, but it's evolved to not being able to sell individual items either.
Message 4 of 36 (7,641 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

@YeastLordKyle Before anything else, please, make sure you don't have any mods installed that could be causing the issue. Also, try repairing your game.

If that doesn't work, we may need to troubleshoot further or explore other options. Would you please open a new thread adding some more details on what happens when you try to sell stacks/individual items? >> https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4

Console and PC/Mac controls are completely different, so these would be different issues.

Message 5 of 36 (7,629 Views)

★★ Guide

Thanks EA_Mai for moving my post to the right place. As Poptartjuniper mentioned, I too put my entire garden into household inventory while I built a greenhouse. When I went to sell the harvestables I didn’t use, they were in huge stacks and took forever to sell. Hope to get this option back.. Btw thought I’d add, Someone in PS Sims community mentioned she was able to sell stacks when using a mouse but not without. 

Message 6 of 36 (7,585 Views)

Can't sell stack on console

★★ Novice

I have a problem that I can't sell whole stacks on PS4.

This seems a known issue. The solution given came last march 2018.

The solution then seemed to be:

To sell Stacks right now while we investigate, the following steps might help, please, give them a try:

1. Press X (Square) on the stack.
  2. Then press B (Circle) to cancel Live Drag then press Y (Triangle).
  3. You should be asked if you want to sell the Stack.

By 2020 this doesn't work anymore. I've tried everything! Please fix this! 

Message 7 of 36 (7,545 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Can't sell stack on console

Hero (Retired)

@Myriapod  There's currently a bug with selling stacks from the household inventory using the controller. 

I'll have your post merged with the bug report. Please click the "Me Too" button in the first post. 

Message 8 of 36 (7,514 Views)

★★ Novice

Triangle only sells ONE AT A TIME

the game lags so bad

Message 9 of 36 (7,110 Views)

Unable to sell stack of items PS4

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
What is your current game version number? 1.43
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get together City living Cats and dogs Seasons Island living Discover university Eco lifestyle Snowy escape Parenthood Strangerville Realm of magic Dream home decorator My first pet Tiny living Paranormal Country kitchen kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In build mode, move multiple of the same item into the household inventory. From there, it's impossible to sell the stock of items. It also lags between each item making the process take an ex eptionally long time.
What happens when the bug occurs? Only a single item will sell and lag ulcers making the process very timely
What do you expect to see? The controls added back in to sell the stack. This has been a bug since 2018
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.05

• Product: The Sims 4
    What is your current game version number? 1.43
    What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get together City living Cats and dogs Seasons Island living Discover university Eco lifestyle Snowy escape Parenthood Strangerville Realm of magic Dream home decorator My first pet Tiny living Paranormal Country kitchen kit
    Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In build mode, move multiple of the same item into the household inventory. From there, it's impossible to sell the stock of items. It also lags between each item making the process take an ex eptionally long time.
    What happens when the bug occurs? Only a single item will sell
    What do you expect to see? Controls added for the stsck to be sold. After some research this USED to be available but has been an issue since 2018
    Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 10 of 36 (6,430 Views)