by matthew1112

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [PS4] House and objects not owned by sims living there

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.20.101.3400 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EXPANSION: Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Island Living, Discover University GAME: Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic STUFF: Moschino, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Laundry Day, Backyard FREE: Holiday Celebration, Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move a sim from your library into a house via the Move In Household From Library option available during game play. Move a sim who “bought” a house into that new household while selling all furniture in the old house. (Specifically this has occurred with Factory One in Windenburg)
What happens when the bug occurs? The house and household items are not counting toward the Mansion Baron aspiration, and objects that can be placed in a sim’s personal inventory state that they are not owned by the sim.
What do you expect to see? I expect the house and its objects to be owned by the sims living there and to count toward the Mansion Barron aspiration.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

PS4: 1.20.101.3400 (64 bit)

Message 1 of 13 (1,805 Views)

Re: PS4: House and objects not owned by sims living there

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Rae_Regenbogen  I could duplicate this with a family I had saved into the library, but it didn't happen with one of the Maxis premade single sims moving in to the house. It's a clever way around buying a house you can't afford without cheats.

At any rate, moving the household out of the house and back in corrected the issue for me. Could you try moving them out and back in?

The Sims™ 4_20200114143338.jpg

Message 2 of 13 (1,784 Views)

Hero
@Rae_Regenbogen Tried to replicate this on PC but either I did it wrong or it's not an issue on PC/Mac

To be clear: Which Sim does have the Mansion Baron Aspiration and did the Sim that moved into the house with the others already have it or did you switch ?

I did try another lot though so maybe could you verify if it's all lots or just the one you mentioned ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 13 (1,760 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I’ve tried with both the sim I originally moved into the lot and with the sim I moved in after. I’m not sure if that makes sense, but it’s an issue with both of them. I’ve switched between various aspirations for each sim, but this doesn’t explain why items in the house show they aren’t owned by the sims living there. It’s like they’re squatters or something. I can make changes to the home in build mode, but I don’t seem to own anything I buy.

I don’t see this problem with any of my other households, but these were both created after the last update for console. I haven’t tried to move in any other families from the library though, so I can give that a whirl later today.

Maybe EA knows I’m going for the Black Widow challenge and is thwarting my evil sim’s quick-money-making intentions? 😂😉

Message 4 of 13 (1,752 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Popartjuniper, I’ll give that a try! It did cross my mind, but I’m not sure if I’ll be able to afford the house after moving since I don’t seem to own anything. Lol. Thanks for the tip though. I’ll see if it works for me and update y’all.

PS. The original sim I moved in was a Maxis sim (I did this because my houses still aren’t really filling on their own), but the second sim was one I created.

Message 5 of 13 (1,750 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Rae_Regenbogen  Just sell all the furniture and move them across the street and sell furniture again when you move. That's how I did it and was able to afford the lot again.

Message 6 of 13 (1,735 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Popartjuniper, I tried this, and I’m not able to afford the house. I’m still ~30,000 simoleons short. I guess I’ll just live in the new house and play from here. I did get more money than I had before, but I didn’t get the full value of the house and its contents. This makes sense because it was showing items weren’t owned by my sims anyway.

So, I’m gonna leave this open since it didn’t solve the issue. Thank you for your help though!

Poor black widow. She thought she was all set. 😆

Message 7 of 13 (1,719 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Tried this on pc, Same Result, Tried it on PS4. Can confirm i was able to semi experience this bug, When i say semi, they were not owned by the family but as soon as he got married to a townie, she owned everything.
Message 8 of 13 (1,682 Views)

Hero
@matthew1112 With same result you mean you were able to duplicate this on PC as well or you got the same result as me and couldn't ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (1,669 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I went back to the save where they moved in together. They DID move in together before they got married, but they had their fancy wedding today. Still, neither of them own the house.

I have developed a VERY round-about plan to still get that house via buying it with my legacy family’s $$$, sending a sim to college with enough money to buy it, move them in, and then move her back out.

But this seems like a lot of work at the moment. 😴 I’ll let you know how it goes once I try it!

Message 10 of 13 (1,640 Views)