Re: Social event with empty goals

by Mizari1967

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

Happens to me all the time on PlayStation 4. Mostly during seasons events, but still happens when there is no other holiday or event going on, so I have to do my best to guess what the goals would be. Very annoying.

Message 11 of 35 (2,651 Views)

Hero
@briibeatdown Can you also not turn on the goal events ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 35 (2,645 Views)

★★★ Novice
@briibeatdown It is frustrating
Message 13 of 35 (2,618 Views)

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul @NWOKONKEMAYOMIDE!

Thanks so much for taking the time to bring this to our attention! Standard smile

I tried to reproduce this issue on my own console but did not see this happening so far.

To get a better understanding of what the root cause for this could be, could you let me know which button it is that you're pressing when trying to add goals to social events?
Apparently the [SQUARE] PlayStation button should toggle goals on/off, and with goals toggled on, you should also see them popping up at the top of your screen once the event started.
(Also, the description of each event type will get a line added to the top informing you about the challenge reward that you could get when closing off the event and its goals successfully.)

Let me know if that worked for you! Standard smile
If this does not resolve the issue for you though, a video clip would be very helpful for further investigation.

Thanks again and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 14 of 35 (8,158 Views)

Social event tasks not appearing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello, I’m playing TS4 on PS4 and any event I create my event task manager thing won’t work.

I have Get To Work and the work tasks work there but not for social events. I downloaded it all this year. I’ve played since Sims 1 and have never run into this issue before. I don’t have mods (don’t know how to apply them to PS4) use cheats occasionally,Just the basic ones please help! 

I have - 

Island Living 

seasons

Cats and Dogs

Get Together

Get to Work
Jungle Adventure

Parenthood

Dine Out

Tiny Living 

Laundry Day

Toddler

Bowling

Kids Room

Romantic Garden

Spooky Stuff

Cool Kitchen

Perfect Patio

and the free Holiday Celebration and Grim’s Goulish Guitar 

whyyyyyy is this happening?! PLEASE HELP! 

Message 15 of 35 (2,869 Views)

Re: Social event tasks not appearing

Champion (Retired)

@eidroJ  What types of events are you trying to plan? The Seasons holiday event override any other planned events.
For example going on a date or planning a party. When there is an active holiday any social event on the same day will not show the goals for that event.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 16 of 35 (2,807 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for replying! I tried to have a dinner party and even my wedding, neither were on event days... my pc never had issues so I’m really unsure about this issue... 

Message 17 of 35 (2,797 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@eidroJ wrote:

Thanks for replying! I tried to have a dinner party and even my wedding, neither were on event days... my pc never had issues so I’m really unsure about this issue... 

When planning an event like a dinner party or wedding the option for a Goaled Event must be checked.

To verify it looks like you are now playing on PS4 correct?
You also mention your PC never had issues. My impression is you are comparing previous experience on PC to current experience on PS4.  Troubleshooting is different so it would be good to confirm which system is involved.
PS4 recommendation is to completely turn off the console.
Unplug it from the power source and wait a few minutes.
Then turn it back on and see if the problem still exists.

Party Goals.PNG

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 18 of 35 (2,755 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict I had the same issue. Apparently you tick the box to make it a goaled event by pressing SQUARE when you have the desired event highlighted. That made the green check mark appear.
Message 19 of 35 (2,525 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’m having the same problem too.. I’m so glad it’s not just me 

Message 20 of 35 (2,404 Views)