Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS INPUT] [PS4] Can't tick goaled Events for social events

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.24
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the expansion packs except moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you start a social event the goals do not show so you don’t know what to do and at the end of the event, it just comes to an end with no notification or anything that your event is coming to an end and you can’t even get any bonus
What happens when the bug occurs? The goals do not show
What do you expect to see? Just the name of the event no goals and sometimes my game tends to be slow
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I just noticed it

The goals don’t show

EDIT by Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted title

Message 1 of 35 (6,015 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Social event with empty goals

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul @NWOKONKEMAYOMIDE!

Thanks so much for taking the time to bring this to our attention! Standard smile

I tried to reproduce this issue on my own console but did not see this happening so far.

To get a better understanding of what the root cause for this could be, could you let me know which button it is that you're pressing when trying to add goals to social events?
Apparently the [SQUARE] PlayStation button should toggle goals on/off, and with goals toggled on, you should also see them popping up at the top of your screen once the event started.
(Also, the description of each event type will get a line added to the top informing you about the challenge reward that you could get when closing off the event and its goals successfully.)

Let me know if that worked for you! Standard smile
If this does not resolve the issue for you though, a video clip would be very helpful for further investigation.

Thanks again and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 14 of 35 (8,159 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@NWOKONKEMAYOMIDE you need to tick goaled events for the goals to be there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 35 (5,962 Views)

★★★ Novice

I actually ticked it but it won’t tick.

Message 3 of 35 (5,922 Views)

★★★ Novice

I need help with the social event goals not on display 

Message 4 of 35 (5,870 Views)

Champion
@NWOKONKEMAYOMIDE you show a picture of the box with no tick. You need to have a tick for Goaled Events. It won't let you use it if there's a holiday in progress on the same day though - you're not allowed to run goaled events at the same time as holidays with Seasons.
Message 5 of 35 (5,845 Views)

Hero
@NWOKONKEMAYOMIDE Is there a holiday going on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 35 (5,814 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Not at all. I don’t have an holiday going on , I even checked the calendar to confirm and there is no holiday.
Message 7 of 35 (5,792 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@NWOKONKEMAYOMIDE Does it just not react when you click on it or does it auto-untick ?

Not sure how it would work to tick it on console so I can't really help with this.

I haven't seen any other reports on this for console though.

EDIT: This is how it should look if you tick the square before goaled event: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/No-Goals-for-Kava-Party/m-p/8943450

Can you not get the check mark to show at all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 35 (5,784 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I can’t get the check mark to show at all.
Message 9 of 35 (5,735 Views)

Hero
@NWOKONKEMAYOMIDE I can't really help you cause I don't have a console but if you start a fresh save and try there, does it also not work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 35 (5,709 Views)