Re: Social event tasks not appearing

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Re: Social event with empty goals

★★★★ Novice

Omg thank you so much I’ve been looking everywhere to find out how to get it to work!!! Thank you! 

Message 21 of 35 (1,240 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! I encounter the very same problem right now: I’m playing on PS4 and tasks for the social events won’t appear. As you shown in your screenshot, events on my screen are not selectable. 
I’m able to host them still, however, I get the lowest rating possible. 
I tried turning off PS4 and unplug it but it didn’t help Frown 

Message 22 of 35 (1,256 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@elko113 To be sure, there are no holidays, or events going on and you aren't on a vacation?

Another event could be a date, a sim staying the night, bringing food, keyholders hanging out; etc.

Message 23 of 35 (1,227 Views)

★★ Novice

It started happening when there was “Talking like a pirate day” and I started a Kava party and there were no goals, so I figured that this might be the problem. So I stopped making social events during holidays. 

Now, I start the day- 1 sim in the household, no holiday, no work, no other events, basically just woke up at home on a day off and wants to start a social event -> it is not selectable and once set no goals appear. 

Message 24 of 35 (1,221 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@elko113 Can you press the square button on your controller to select the check box for goals?
Message 25 of 35 (1,216 Views)

★★ Novice

The square box button worked!! And now goals appear 🤩 thank you!!

Message 26 of 35 (1,197 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)
@elko113 Fantastic. I'm going to move this post into the existing post. Glad it's working for you now.
Message 27 of 35 (1,189 Views)

Social events lack goal list

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons Realm of magic Cats and dog My first pet stuff Get to work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ?
What happens when the bug occurs? Everything I throw a party/social event, the list of goals to earn trophies/ does not show up
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the list of goals to aim for any dinnerparty/houseparty etc
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I can’t seem to select “goaled” events 

Message 28 of 35 (1,125 Views)

Re: Social events lack goal list

Hero

@yesjess1985 

You need to check the little box that you show in the 2nd pic for the specific event if you want to have a goaled event before you select the event itself.  Those boxes get automatically unchecked at times, usually after a calendar holiday.  You can't hold goaled social events on holidays, one non-goaled events and the boxes get unchecked then.  You just need to recheck the box to get the goals back.

Hope this helps.

Message 29 of 35 (1,108 Views)

Re: Social events lack goal list

Hero
@yesjess1985 I merged the thread with another on the console issue where the goaled events can't be ticked.

Can you check the solution post if the suggestions there help you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 35 (1,091 Views)