Original Post

Highlighted

[FIXED] [PS4] Can't Delete Interior Walls with a Stilt Foundation

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.20.101.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything currently available
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build two rooms with a stilt foundation. It doesn't matter if it's a water lot or a lot where there is no water.
What happens when the bug occurs? The wall between the two rooms can't be deleted. The error pops up saying "This foundation type requires a room."
What do you expect to see? Being able to delete interior walls without swapping to a solid foundation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch that gave us stilt foundations

On PS4, you can not delete interior walls using the sledgehammer tool if you have a stilt foundation.

The Sims™ 4_20200113095159.jpg

The Sims™ 4_20200113095229.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 3 (2,402 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [PS4] Can't Delete Interior Walls with a Stilt Foundation

Hero

@PoptartJuniper  It does this on the PC version too.  I agree that it shouldn't happen but it does.  The work around in this case is pretty simple though.  Just do all your building as usual and when you're done with the upper floors, just change the foundation back to a stilt foundation. There are a lot of quirks with the build system and some things have to be done in a very specific order. 

Message 2 of 3 (2,363 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [PS4] Can't Delete Interior Walls with a Stilt Foundation

Hero
@PoptartJuniper Thanks for the report for console.

This is currently being kept seperate from PC so I'm posting the PC thread for reference: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Cant-delete-interior-walls/td-p/7990339/

Please only post here if you have this issue on console (either XB1 or PS4). For PC, you use the other thread.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (2,356 Views)