by Bearpal64

Original Post

[OPEN] [PS/XB] Conversation Window Stuck on Screen

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.34.138.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your sim have conversations with other Sims.
What happens when the bug occurs? The conversation bar gets stuck at the top of the screen and doesn't clear when the conversation has ended. This also happens with random sims who tried to talk to your sim but never actually interacted, so you get some random, unknown sim stuck on your screen.
What do you expect to see? Conversation bars not getting stuck.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Conversation bars get stuck on the screen even after sims have stopped interacting with one another. This happens on both PS4 and PS5.

The Sims™ 4_20201124101242.jpg

The Sims™ 4_20201124101230.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 5 (963 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [PS/XB] Conversation Window Stuck on Screen

★ Guide
Yes, as a console player this happens to me all the time. Nothing I can do to get rid of it, either, but travel or just wait until finally it decides to go away on its own.
Message 2 of 5 (932 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@PoptartJuniper Traveling or saving and quitting going back to the main menu seems to get rid of it.
Message 3 of 5 (918 Views)

Conversation Box Not Going Away

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Get Famous, Dream Home Decorator and a few Stuff Packs and Kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? When all conversations have ended, the Conversation Box at the top of the screen remains.
What do you expect to see? It's supposed to disappear.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This just started last night. The Conversation Box at the top center of the screen keeps getting stuck there even when no Sims are talking to each other. It's the box that shows all Sims involved in the conversation, their relationship bars, and the tone of the conversation (pleasant, awkward, etc.) I'm not sure but I think it started right after the game did some auto graphics adjust out of nowhere. I've reset the game several times and it keeps happening.

Additional note, the crop plant bug also seems to have gotten worse in the same timeframe. A lot worse. It's happening not just on restarts and travel anymore. Now it seems to be happening after every harvest. I have to keep resetting them with cheats over and over.

Message 4 of 5 (671 Views)

★★★ Guide

Didn't get rid of it for me. It keeps coming back and staying and, at one point, it was still there after a restart. It ruined a couple of nice screenshots I wanted to get.

Message 5 of 5 (644 Views)