by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [PH] "Adopt as dependant" creates unnecessary relationships

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All to the date
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an adult sim and a child sim in the same household. The adult sim (caregiver) should have its parents alive. Choose "Adopt as dependant" option on the child sim. Then wait/make the child to age to at least Young Adult.
What happens when the bug occurs? After aging, when the (previously) child sim meets the parents of his caregiver, they are marked as its grandparents on the relationships panel. They won't appear on the family tree, however.
What do you expect to see? "Adopt as dependant" should not create any additional relationships statuses.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Enough is enoughStandard smile I don't need any additional grandparents for my sims, especially with  "Adopt as dependant", which is not supposed to be a real adoption.

Message 1 of 6 (893 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [PH] "Adopt as dependant" creates unnecessary relationshi

EA Sims Team

Hello @rostsit

When testing this, we are not able to see the caregiver's parents listed as Grandparents in the Relationship panel.  Are you able to reproduce this issue on fresh saves without any mods?  If so, would you be willing to share your saves or provide us with more information?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 6 (849 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I have some caregivers in my game atm, but all their parents are dead and "deleted" from the game, they are unable to meet with the child.

I recalled I've made some screenshots for translation bugs topic (then I saw it was clearly not a translation issue), if that would be enough, I can try to search for them or maybe restore them?

Message 3 of 6 (837 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@SimQARobo

So I've tested this issue with different families. At first, as You say, I couldn't replicate this bug. But I've tested further and finally I know the reason of it. To get and see this bug, the child must transit to at least young adult age. If during the aging process the child has a caregiver, then caregiver's parents will be marked as the child's (not a child anymore) grandparents

Besides, if reversing the age back with a cheat or a mod, the relationships persist.

Message 4 of 6 (782 Views)

EA Sims Team

@rostsit

Thank you for the additional information.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 6 (769 Views)

Hero
Added this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (676 Views)