by MapleSimmer

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [PH] Responsible Sims still have to complete Daily Work Tasks

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all packs installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure that everyone gets it, as I asked a few people and not everyone had it. But if you do get it, you need to have a Sim age up with the responsible trait from Parenthood, get them a job and see if they need to do their daily tasks. The in game lesson says that those with the responsible trait should have them completed and my sims have them incomplete and have to do them. I only just noticed that this was the case recently; I've not played any saves with young adult sims with this trait since just before the Feb 6/18 patch. Prior to that, any sims I had with that trait did not have to do their daily tasks as they came home from work with them automatically completed.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims with the responsible trait get a job or come home from a job and they still have to do their daily tasks as opposed to having them automatically completed. Also, in one of my saves my sim with the responsible trait got a regular pop up at work versus the special Parenthood pop ups she had been getting previously. She did still automatically work hard when she was at work.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the daily tasks automatically completed as the in game lesson says will happen with a sim with the responsible trait and I also expect to get the special Parenthood work pop ups vs the regular ones; this was happening previously with my sims with the responsible trait.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I'm pretty sure this is since the Feb 6 patch as I mentioned before the last time I played the main save I noticed it in was just before that and it was working fine then. I did add the most recent MC Command into my game after the patch, but I moved my entire mod folder so the game regenerated the folder and the resource file; I've also cleared my game cache and repaired my game.  When that did nothing, I also did a factory reset of my game and still no difference. I have a video that shows this, but I've not published it yet (it will be up on YT this Thursday) and it would be too big to attach here.  

I think the bug report explains most of what I'm seeing.  I did also ask in a Sims 4 Facebook group if anyone else had this happen in their game and 6 other people said yes (5 without mods/cc and one with mods/cc) and 2 said the daily tasks were completing (the poll also has my response, hence why it's higher in the screenshot I attach).  I've not tried this in a new save, as it takes time to earn the trait before they age up and I've not had time to do it.  In most of my saves the young adult moved after aging up; I was wondering if there was a correlation, but I just aged up two teens to young adults and had them get jobs while still living in the home they were raised in and they also had to do their daily tasks. 

Thanks and regards,
Jennifer

Message 1 of 13 (2,410 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [PH] Responsible Sims still have to complete Daily Work Tasks

Hero
Nudge above bookmark

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (2,337 Views)

Hero
@MapleSimmer

For me this is working as intended. I get daily task completed. Does it happen to all careers for you ? Does it still happen after yesterday's patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 13 (2,291 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I just went in and checked again in one of my saves and it looks like they just have to complete the daily task when they first start and then when they return from their first day, the task is automatically completed, plus in this particular save my sim’s work opportunity was one of the new ones that you get with the responsible trait. I’ve not had a chance to go into the save I originally had the ‘problem’ with as I’m not ready to record (it’s a let’s play file), but will try to do so this weekend. The one thing that was different with that was she got a regular work pop up versus the special ones you usually get with the responsible trait BUT she also came home with a promotion where she chose the branch and I wonder if that acts the same as when you start a career? If she hadn’t also got the regular pop up opportunity, I wouldn’t have been as concerned about it. I’ll you know once I’ve played that save if things go back to normal.

Thanks and regards,
Jennifer

Message 4 of 13 (2,273 Views)

Hero
Didn't know there were different ones ? Do you have an example of what you should have gotten vs. what you've got ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (2,264 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I have some examples I can get from my Drifter challenge LP (second generation, hence why she has the trait). I can look through and see what they were and get back to you (I can try to get some screenshots). I just recognize the old ones since she’s in the painting career so I’ve seen them before (I’ve done it a lot) and there are new opportunities that came as a result of the responsible trait (I think you get different ones if you have the irresponsible trait or whatever it’s called, I’ve just not had that trait in any of my sims). In my most recent part she had the one where she was painting a grandfather and it wasn’t turning out; that’s an old opportunity, and when she came back her work tasks weren’t automatically completed. Prior to that I had only been getting new ones. 

Thanks and regards,

Jennifer

Message 6 of 13 (2,257 Views)

Hero
Played some more and see what you mean by different opportunes. Mine always had the icon for the trait though ..

Did you get a chance to check on the original save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (2,227 Views)

Hero
Just giving this a nudge above the bookmark

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (2,207 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I was finally able to go into that save and my sim did get the special opportunity that you get for having the responsible trait and she also came home with her daily tasks automatically completed. So either it got fixed, or it’s just something that happens on the level before they choose their career path? I’d have to play a bit more with sims with that trait to see if it happens again at that same level. 

Thanks and regards, 

Jennifer

Message 9 of 13 (2,202 Views)

Hero
I played mine from bottom up (she might have started at 3) but still hasn't chosen a path.

I'm going to put this on feedback to see if others have this issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 13 (2,200 Views)