Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [PH] Just one advice option although high skill

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? GP04:1.assets.live-gp04.88
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens when child or teenager asks for advice
What happens when the bug occurs? The advice pop up only gives one option
What do you expect to see? Multiple options for giving advice
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch for consoles

Every time a child or teenager asks for advice, only 1 option is appearing it's like the bottom half of the pop up has been cut off. For example when teenager asks about the text they sent to a friend, normally there are multiple choices whereas I'm only getting the top answer appearing 

Message 1 of 12 (1,685 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [PH] Just one advice option although high skill

★★★★ Expert
@crinrict I played through toddlers, children and teens with my Alien family the past two days and it's working fine on mine.

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (441 Views)

All Replies

Re: Parenting advice not working properly

Hero
@alixia1988 How high is your parenting skill ? The number of options increases as you advance. Level 1-2 parents only have one option.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (1,645 Views)

★ Novice

Depends on the family I suppose but it even happens with maxed parenting skills

Message 3 of 12 (1,624 Views)

★ Pro
@crinrict this is happening on PC platform, too. Leastwise prior to installing the 1.54 patch.

I have put two LEs that were generated in my game when one choice advice cards appeared in a RAR archive but before I provide details and attach them I need to know if you want me to do it in this thread or start a new thread for PC. I'm not clear on whether or not you're combining issues for all platforms now, or, still want individual threads by platform. Please let me know your preference.
Message 4 of 12 (1,617 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@dolldrms1 It's fine to combine them now.

Does it happen for specific chance cards ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (1,599 Views)

★ Pro

Unfortunately, I don't recall with certainty which chance cards they were. I was more concerned there was only one option, lol. I will make a written note if this occurs again, like I should have done the first time around.

I actually thought it might have more to do with what the adult sims were doing at the time and perhaps their location. The sim family involved lives on the Cookout Lookout lot in Newcrest. With the LE that generated on 8/4/19, the father and son were actually sitting in the little cookout area behind that lot, talking. With the LE that generated on 8/8/19, the mother was using a portable bar I had placed in the back of the house, practicing making bar drinks. Both parents were at parenting level 4 or 5 at the time. They've skilled up pretty evenly but IIRC at the time of the LEs one was at parenting level 4 and one was at parenting level 5.

I started to report this earlier since there were two LEs but when the second one occurred I knew I was going to install a patch that day and have been waiting to see if another LE generated after installing the 1.54.120.1020 patch. No single option chance cards have generated in that hh since installing the patch, though. I do play rotationally and will be back to that hh in about 3 more sim days, so we'll see what happens then.

Since OP is on console, I play on PC; English; All content released to date installed, including Moschino released today, and have never used mods/cc.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 6 of 12 (1,577 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I on the other hand play on PC updated game, and even when I run a clean game with no mods I get LE's every once in a while when parenting chance cards come they come with an LE. Sometimes the chance card doesn't appear at all, sometimes it does and the LE appears simultaneously. I know many people in the Deaderpool Discord server expressed the same problem. I remember mods saying it was an EA problem. Any ideas on this?

Message 7 of 12 (1,479 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [PH] Just one advice option although high skill

★★★ Apprentice

I noticed this issue after PC patch 1.54.120.1020. My sims with level 7 parenting skill were only getting the low-parenting skill options when giving their children advice. My sister who also plays TS4, laughed at me because she thought my sims had low parenting skill. I was so confused. I noticed this across several of my played households and several different advice scenarios. Once these sim parents improved their parenting skill to level 8, they were able to see both the negative and positive side effects of their choices again.

Message 8 of 12 (1,322 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I too run into this quite frequently on the game. I play the PC version, running ONLY MCCC - most up to date version - and I get LEs for parenting chance cards all the time. No other chance cards seem to throw the LEs. Just the ones that are specific to the Parenthood GP.

Message 9 of 12 (1,213 Views)

Hero
Is anyone still having issues with this after yesterday's patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (1,143 Views)