by Fizzstix

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [PH] Bear phase moodlet remains after phase

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have a child sim that entered the bear phase, but when the phase was gone from the simology panel, the moodlet of sadness remained. The option to tell my sim to change into a bear is no longer available.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sad +2 un-bear-able sadness moodlet does not go away when the bear phase is over.
What do you expect to see? I expect the sad +2 moodlet to go away.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Here is a picture of my child showing the simology panel without the bear phase but the moodlet is still attached to her.

unbearable sadness.jpg

I saved my game, exited, removed my mods. Went back into the game and the moodlet was gone. At this point, i wondered if the moodlet would be gone if I still left my mods in and had exited the game. So I exited the game without saving. I then put my mods back in and loaded the game back up. It would appear the moodlet is eliminated if you exit the game regardless if you have mods or not.

Unfortunately, since it was a holiday when I saved then exited and my kids were at school, they were whisked home early when I loaded my game back up and took a hit in grade performance.

Message 1 of 13 (3,651 Views)

Re: Bear phase moodlet

★★ Apprentice
I guess nobody else has this trouble with the bear phase moodlet?
Message 2 of 13 (3,532 Views)

Hero
Since you had mods in when the moodlet appeared it's a bit hard to tell if the mod was the cause for this.

What kind of mods are you using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 13 (3,484 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It is a phase that kids go through.. without or without mods. Therefore, the moodlet would obviously happen when the kid goes through the phase. So I am not sure what difference it makes what mods I have. However, I have several mods. It would difficult for me to name them all. Would there be a specific kind that would be of significance? For example, would you need to know cc jobs/traits and that sort of thing as well? 

Message 4 of 13 (3,472 Views)

Hero

Mainly: Are you using big script mods or a few small tuning mods that change little things or is it just custom content like hair, objects ..). If it's just clothing, I'd lean more towards it being a game issue and not a mod one than if you use some of the really big ones.

Traits mods could be an issue, also job ones (I don't need the names, just what kind). 

If I understand you correctly, the moodlet for the phase doesn't go away after the phase is over, right ? So the question is, what made the moodlet stay (that could every well be a mod causing it). So unless you go through the bear phase and the moodlet stays on a vanilla game, it's hard to tell if it's mod caused or not. 

Also, you put 100%, does that mean it happens every time one of your children enters the bear phase ? Does it also happen for any of the others ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (3,463 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The easiest way for me to tell you what mods I have is to show you a screen shot. Not included in the screen shot are MC Command Center and UI Cheats Extension

mods.jpg

Message 6 of 13 (3,454 Views)

Hero
OK. Thank you.

Also this: You put 100%, does that mean it happens every time one of your children enters the bear phase ? Does it also happen for any of the others ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (3,445 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Sorry, forgot to answer that question as well. As of right now, that particular phase has only occurred one time in my family that has children. When it comes to other phases, there hasn't been any moodlets that appear to be stuck. Another thing that made me realize that something wasn't quite right with the bear phase was when I was watching a simmer's LP and her child always seemed sad. She checked the moodlet and it was the unbearable moodlet. She also clicked on the child to put the bear back on, but the option wasn't there. At the time, I didn't think much of it, until I experienced it as well. That is when I came here to see if there was a thread or something about this phase. I didn't find one.

Message 8 of 13 (3,432 Views)

Hero
I had the phase a few times and never had this issue but it's been a while so it could be something newer.

If it was a one time thing, it will also be hard to repro.

Do you happen to have a backup where the phase is in progress ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (3,422 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I thought I did have a back up of when the phase was in progress, but something must have happened. I don't see it in my load save game options. Frown I am currently running a vanilla family that has a child. I hopes of the bear phase triggering to see what happens when there are no mods.

Message 10 of 13 (3,414 Views)