[NEEDS INPUT] [PC/MAC] [FR] Duplicate game folder

by Henalexandre

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [PC/MAC] [FR] Duplicate game folder

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? - Remove spaces characters from "Les Sims 4" folder name - Replace them by spaces using the space bar (You'll notice, if your folders are sorted in alphabetical order, that the order changed) - Start the game - A new folder has been created in the same place with presumably the same name.
What happens when the bug occurs? Two "Les Sims 4" folders coexist in Documents/Electronic Arts
What do you expect to see? Only one folder should remain when you rename your personal folder
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

(Reported on the french forums by @Krys_Tiansen29 )

Looks like the space character is not encoded correctly. Couldn't reproduce the issue in any other language than french.

Can repro with Windows in english and french.

No issue with other games (tested with fifa 21)

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Ne lis/réponds pas aux demandes par message privé.
Message 1 of 3 (565 Views)

Re: Duplicate game folder

[ Edited ]

I consistently reproduced this, also only in French.  I tested Spanish, German, and Dutch (each of which has its own localized user folder; the others use "The Sims 4"), as well as English, and didn't see the issue.

My Windows and Origin are both in English.

Edit:  I tested in macOS Mojave as well, with it and Origin in English, and saw exactly the same results.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (518 Views)

Re: Duplicate game folder

★★ Apprentice

Hi All,

Just for information, I confirm that for me, it's an encoding issue. What the car map is used in game ?
The space can be encoded by different table (and different hex code)  : 

ASCII :  Hex : 20 - Decimal : 32

WinLatin1 (CP1252) : Hex :  A0 - Decimal : 160

ISOLatin1 (8859-1) : Hex :  A0 - Decimal : 160

DOSLatin1 (CP850) : Hex : F0 - Decimal : 240

I tried to set my language and country settings (non unicode program, change my language, etc ...) but it's seems to be the same.

However, I can load my games perfectly.

Krys.

Message 3 of 3 (447 Views)