by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Inconsistent food/drink thumbnails

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Cook, gourmet cook, and bake option menus. Bars, Bar Food, Coolers, and Produce Stand
What happens when the bug occurs? Doesn't affect game play, but it's noticeable how some of the thumbnails haven't been updated like the rest. It's inconsistent throughout the game
What do you expect to see? Updated Thumbnails
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was after the Gender Update in 2016, when all of the base game food items were updated, except for some from other packs.

Screenshot (76).png

This even still happens with some of the most recent packs for some reason. (Packs This Happens With Outdoor Retreat, GTW, Luxury Party, Spooky Stuff, GT, and Seasons. 

Screenshot (79).pngScreenshot (80).png

This is comparing what it should look like 

This happens with Vampires and Jungle Adventure Bar Drinks 

Screenshot (78).pngScreenshot (77).png

Al ot of the produce items look warped and strange looking, compared to what it looks like in the sims inventory. 

Message 1 of 6 (900 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Outdated Thumbnails

★★★ Guide

I also noticed the produce stands from City Living don't sell the produce that came with Seasons. 

Message 2 of 6 (886 Views)

Hero
Yeah, think a new thread for that would be better. (as this is about thumbnails and the other about missing items, if I understand you correctly)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (875 Views)

★★★ Guide
Okay, will do a bit later.
Message 4 of 6 (867 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SproutLee I do see thumbnails in a variety of styles - I think the grand meal list is the one that stands out most because only one thumbnail looks different from the rest, but it is a breakfast, whereas the others are dinners, so I don't know that a different style for a different type of meal is so unexpected.  I also think what's happening with the produce stand thumbnails is they are being squeezed a bit on the vendor menu, probably an automatic part of the coding to get the display to fit in the window they want it in; it reduces the resolution of the items.  I think this report needs feedback from more players bothered by the issues, since they are so small.

Message 5 of 6 (820 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I don't think that's how they meant that though. In the regular cook menu, all of the food items look the same, even breakfast items. Idk just thought I should mention it, even though it's small.

Message 6 of 6 (814 Views)