Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Orders never arrive in restaurant

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Cool Kitchen and Bowling Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to a restaurant as a guest. Order a meal.
What happens when the bug occurs? The food never comes. For hours the "waiting for food" action stays in the inventory and food never arrives
What do you expect to see? Orders to arrive as before.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The Get Famous patch and EP

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag 

Message 1 of 18 (6,562 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: RESTURANTS ARE BORKED, AGAIN.

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 15 of 18 (2,933 Views)

All Replies

Re: Orders never arrive in restaurant

Hero

Hi @tilia2

dies this happen in every restaurant for you ? It's one of these issues that get reported from time to time but it's never reliably an issue. Often it's a routing issue at the restaurant itself, hence the question.

Are you using a custom one or Maxis-Made ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (6,495 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Tested it at Chez Llama and the Sunnyside Diner (I think that's what it's called?) with the same issue. No custom restaurants. This is also happening to a friend of mine who just bought the base game, dine out, kitchen stuff, seasons, and get to work on Cyber Monday as well, so completely fresh game.

Message 3 of 18 (6,492 Views)

★★ Expert
i've had this happen at the Sunny Side diner as well. it's not every time, for me, though.
Message 4 of 18 (6,474 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Orders never arrive in restaurant

★★★★ Guide
I've had this problem often, but I've learned that apparently, there's a particular moment that if you order for your table too soon, your order will never reach the restaurant queue and of course, never get served. Other times, though one time the food went through but as a server was going to get it, they took the food, glitched out, and the food disappeared entirely. This has happened to all restaurants I've been at, both Maxis-created and player-created.

If I wait a bit before going for the actual order, I'm guaranteed to receive my food; this bug happens more often in large restaurants with lots of tables and more than one cook station, sometimes also two diff floors for seating too.
Message 5 of 18 (6,468 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Orders never arrive in restaurant

★★ Expert
i've also noticed that, if the server drops the food, they sometimes will leave the mess on the floor and not bring out the replacement order at all.
Message 6 of 18 (6,431 Views)

Champion
Just to add a counterpoint - I haven't had any issues recently for receiving food orders at restaurants.

I'm using the default ones - Chez Llama, Sunny Side Up Diner, The Diving Pelican and Villa Bovine, and all of my sims I've sent there for dinner get their food OK.

Two of those are NPC run, and the other two are player-owned and they all operate normally.

I do make sure that as soon as my sims arrive on the lot, they go straight to the host station and request a table, so that they are the first ones seated. Then I put in an order straight away so that the waiter is usually free to take the order and isn't distracted serving other tables or cleaning up plates.

I haven't really tested what happens if I delay for a while and the restaurant becomes really busy.

Before the Get Famous patch, during the time Seasons was the main pack, I did get glitched out staff occasionally - like I'd notice the cook had placed an order on the wait station waiting for pickup but the waiters never picked it up - it was when the pathing was extremely glitched with the teleporting around the place bug and they were trying to get to dirty plates and kept resetting.

I do still notice sims popping around the place, but it's not as bad as before and so I haven't seen any restaurant issues for a while.
Message 7 of 18 (6,412 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Orders never arrive in restaurant

Hero
Added as Needs Input to get more experiences/opinions

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 18 (6,387 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've only had this problem with ordering a cake. It goes into the household inventory instead of being delivered at the restaurant, and the Sims don't get it until they get home, also they don't seem to have to pay for these free cakes of magical teleporting powers. 

Message 9 of 18 (6,190 Views)

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul everyone!

Our team is continuing to investigate the issue, however, we have not been able to reproduce it successfully yet.
If anybody still sees this issue happening in their game and does not mind sharing a save file with us (or maybe you have a hint for us which Lot from the Gallery would be worth looking at), that would indeed be super awesome as it would help our team a lot to gather further information about this issue!

By clicking >here<, a new tab will be opened with further instructions on how to share save files with our team.

Thanks all and Happy Simming!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 18 (6,101 Views)