Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Opaque Wall on Glass Half Panel Roof

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Dine Out, Laundry Day Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Get Together, Seasons, Get to Work, Bowling Night Stuff, Parenthood, Island Living, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Get Famous, Outdoor Retreat, Party Stuff, Spa Day, Movie Hangout Stuff, Cats and Dogs, Strangerville, Fitness Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Scenario A 1. Go into Build Mode and build a closed room 2. Add 2 half panel roofs against each other (on top of the room) and apply one of the glass roof textures Scenario B 1. Go into Build Mode and build a room 2. Add a half panel roof against one wall
What happens when the bug occurs? Scenario A: The 2 half panel glass roofs are up against each other and there's an opaque wall in the middle of them Scenario B: The half panel glass roof wall portion is opaque whether or not the wall of the room has been deleted or not (this is the same whether or not the wall deletion was done before or after adding the roof)
What do you expect to see? The wall part of the half panel roof should disappear
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated my game to the latest update. This error started with the July update, when the Sims 4 visual rebranding happened.

I like to use the glass roofs in different ways to give my builds different shapes and silhouettes. My visual settings are all set to High, and even with cc, I didn't used to have this problem (I was able to build a community lot before using glass roofs as windows).

I've also tried repairing, reinstalling, and already removed all cc.

I really hope that this new opaque wall on the highest end of the half panel roof is not an intentional part of the last update. Thank you!

Message 1 of 4 (753 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Opaque Wall on Glass Half Panel Roof

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We released a PC/Mac patch today (version 1.59.73) that may have fixed this issue. If this issue is still occurring for you on PC/Mac after updating your game, let us know.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (574 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@bmg_starfish5 I have reproduced this issue. I created a video and am attaching a screenshot. I can also confirm that this is a new issue since the August 2019 patch. 

Video of the issue - notice the dark edge being created at the top edge of the gabled roof when the glass roof tiles are added:
https://youtu.be/lZrcC9JQ1iw

glass-roof-dark-edge.jpg

My Info:

I am on Mac. I do not use Mods or CC. My updates/version are all current. I own all packs.

•  Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post has this button
•  XP – for helpful comments

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 4 (712 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks so much for taking a video!

Message 3 of 4 (676 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We released a PC/Mac patch today (version 1.59.73) that may have fixed this issue. If this issue is still occurring for you on PC/Mac after updating your game, let us know.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 4 (575 Views)