by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

[OPEN] Old popup text stacking on objects for no reason

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hover over some object in the world. Then hover on another.
What happens when the bug occurs? The old text hovers on top of the new object.
What do you expect to see? Only one text box to pop up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch for Moschino.

oof there's also some real bad lag after this but this is pretty annoying to see.

Message 1 of 8 (1,076 Views)

Re: Old popup text stacking on objects for no reason.

Hero
@verfens Does it only happen on objects that are close together ?

I can't really duplicate. Will tag @Bluebellflora to test on mac.

Also, could you please enter the actual version number in your reports and not latest or newest ? Here's a quick info why the number should be posted: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Break-Aug-19th-Aug-25th/m-p/7228122#M101403

The current patch number is 1.54.120

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,030 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Old popup text stacking on objects for no reason

Hero
@verfens What's your screen resolution ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (996 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Sul Sul @verfens! :eahigh_file:

Do you happen to have a video of this happening in your game? We are currently looking into this and a video of what you see would actually help us a lot with investigating this issue.

Here is how you can share your video with our team.

Thank you and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 8 (974 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Sorry for not having been on- I've been in the process of moving.  As far as I can recall, my screen resolution was on a custom setting, and most of them were geared to Low.  However, my game had been in a serious state of disarray, the lag had been terrible, and I'd been messing with my resolution settings a lot to try and help that.  

Unfortunately, this glitch out had been the straw that broke the game for me (i'd been experiencing tons of minor bugs that started to go with some really bad lag, including fog completely taking over lots and other messes, so I did some serious game fixing, and heck, even spent all of an afternoon running disk repair on my mac.  I don't know if it was the uninstall->reinstall or the disk repair that fixed this issue, but I do know that travelling within the game, leaving the game and reopening, clearing caches, and repairing the game don't fix it.  

I can describe what it did to a T, since I don't have the ability to record it.  I hovered over some wolfsbane flowers in Forgotten Hollow, and then tried to look at a book.  On every single object that had pop up text....books, computers, sims, if it had text underneath it, the wolfsbane flower popup would cover over it.  It made the game unplayable, since I couldn't click on anything underneath the stacked up text.  Sorry I can't be more helpful.  Frown Hopefully for the others who are on here who had the same issue there's a simpler solution than literally spending 6-7 hours working on your computer.

Message 5 of 8 (959 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@verfens Set your refresh rate to 60mhz in the game, and set vertical synch on. Sometimes if the refresh rate is too slow the monitor will not know to change each pixel, when pixels next to them change.
Message 6 of 8 (937 Views)

★★ Guide

Thank you for the help, but I don't know how to do that, however after essentially nuking my game and computer the issue went away.  

Message 7 of 8 (930 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

This happens on PS4 as well. I posted about it here

It's usually the bee box or garden plants that get stuck.

Message 8 of 8 (871 Views)