Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Off lot Living: Sims receive bill

by Mavalynd

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I started a new family to test an "off the grid" lot and it happened again. New lot, and a CAS created sim. No CC or Mods used anywhere. Also, since this is a brand new household no one has aged up.

The sim was off their home lot at 5am on Monday and received bills for ~$300. There was a dance party at the Narwhal Arms and it ran long.  The home's base value is ~17k.  This time I was able to use the shower, but kept getting reminders to pay the bills (they hadn't shut the power/water off yet). I still had the "off the grid" cooking and plumbing options. This lot does have the standard mail box.

My uneducated guess is that if your sim is off the home lot when the bills are generated (around 5am Monday) then you may receive a bill even though you selected the "off the grid" lot trait. I'll keep playing this lot for a bit and see if there is any Winterfest presents in the mail that disrupt the "off the grid" options again.

Message 21 of 30 (2,706 Views)

★★★ Guide

@IceyVrost200 wrote:

Update

I've made a save just for testing a few of the bugs, I've gotten the bill bug to re-occur and I've found that it won't happen when just off the lot unless the entire household is also off the lot
I had a single sim spend around 2 sim days off-lot and there were no bills, but when I made all of the sims come to the same non-home lot there were bills in barely half a sim day

This save also has the cleaning glitch, does anyone know if it's ok to post saves publicly here? I'd like to post this both for testers and for people working on mod bugfixes.

This has been my experience, too. Had a single sim leave her off-the-grid household and go somewhere else in Sulani, and she got bills. So it's not just going on vacation that does it.

Message 22 of 30 (2,696 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Off Grid Living: Sims receive bill

★★★ Novice

Happens with me too. I'm playing a Rags 2 Riches challenge in Sulani, and one of the rules I added for myself was she's not allowed to leave the world until she meets her goal of $100,000 but she does have to leave her lot to do certain things for Odd Jobs or just to meet her basic needs. She has 0 furniture at this point -- her lot is literally empty save for a mailbox, because I started her game with $0 -- and she gets bills generated for at least $150

Has any fix been found for this yet aside from just ignoring the bills?

Message 23 of 30 (2,599 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm having this issue too. I have all game packs, expansion packs and stuff packs. No mods or cc. My family is living on the island near the volcano with the "off the grid" trait. Traveled to the beach in Ohan'ali and when I went back to home lot our power was cut off and we have bills.. This is September 23, 2019.. There is still no fix for this..?? This is just ridiculous.

Message 24 of 30 (2,535 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm doing a Rags to Riches challenge on Sulani and live at Key Point which is a fixed Off The Grid location but I'm still getting billed. I haven't left Sulani at all, only visited other locations in this world. Why am I getting billed? Will this be fixed?

Message 25 of 30 (2,504 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this same problem. I went to the library in willow creek for a couple of days back and forth. I napped, ate food in my inventory, played chess, used the bathroom, and read skill books. I got a bill while I was there and then when I was home, got the reminder. My home lot is off the grid in Sulani. 

Message 26 of 30 (2,428 Views)

★★ Novice
@kdmfyc Also no cc or mods, and I did take both people in my household when I went. That aligns with what others are saying.
Message 27 of 30 (2,423 Views)

★ Guide
@kdmfyc I'm also still having this issue and it's December 1st! I have all the packs expansions etc except for University and no mods or CC. I started with a spellcaster single sim in glimmerbrook, and I set it to off grid and she went to the magic realm for 1 full day and came back to bills! This has happened twice now :/
Message 28 of 30 (2,284 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm playing the Runaway Teen Challenge on an off-the-grid lot in Sulani that I bulldozed so there was nothing on it but the mailbox. Placed my teenager by himself, with zero simoleans and only the clothes on his back. Over time he has acquired a tent, planted some harvestables, built a cabana for shelter during monsoons, and he has random stuff he found while beach combing on the lot, but no appliances or electronics (per rules).

He's never received bills until today when I had him spend several days on two lots on Mua Pel'am island. I put tents, fire rings and pee bushes on both lots. Monday morning he got a bill for $359 simoleans. I thought at first that he got the bills because I had added stuff to those lots. But now I'm guessing from what others are saying that it's a bug from spending several days away from his home lot.
I guess I'll just ignore the bills, but I wish they didn't happen.

@PansekshuElle By "cleaning glitch" are you referring to not being able to clean up sulpher pools by any chance? I've got some that won't go away no matter how many times I clean them, as well as getting bills when my sim left his off-the-grid-lot.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 29 of 30 (2,265 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Off Grid Living: Sims receive bill

Hero

The Off-the-Grid Lot Trait now ties into our new Bill updates, drawing from Water and Power utility. Without excess utility, lots function off-the-grid as they did before. With excess utility, they function more like an on-the-grid lot.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133/ Console 1.25

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 30 (5,984 Views)