Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Off lot Living: Sims receive bill

by IceyVrost200

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [OR] Sims receive bills for "Off the Grid" lots wh

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I just tested it. My sims went from Sulani to Granite Falls. My sim lives on an off the grid lot in Sulani but got bills on Monday morning while in GF.
Message 11 of 30 (2,648 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [OR] [JA] Sims receive bills on vacation for "Off the Gri

★ Apprentice

Am also having the issue, and it persists.  Have now received 2 bills while living at Key Point in Sulani (Off The Grid) after going on vacation in Granite Falls.  Have also had a a mermaid sim age to teenager. Prior to the vacation, I had visited other maps to complete Angling Ace (fish at other locations) and still didn't get any bills until after going on a vacation and *living* on a non-off-the-grid map. 

Message 12 of 30 (2,581 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Same bug, had a couple of my sims go off the lot, not even on vacation, and after about a Sim day they got a bills notification for around 2000 simoleons, not only that but after they got back there was a notification that the power would be shut off in spite of living on a "Off the Grid" trait lot.

For me it seems to happen with any off the grid lot if the sims are away from it for long enough.
(Btw if it'd help to provide saves or test anything lmk, I'll be playing on different saves for a bit)

Message 13 of 30 (2,579 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've received a bill and had other issues with using the "off the grid" lot trait. I think it has to do with the mailbox (original game steampunk) which I left on the lot.

I use no cc or mods and I have most expansion, game, and several stuff packs, but not Island Living yet.  I moved the family into the house in Summer and in Winter they received a bill. They were on a date at Chez Llama in Newcrest when the notification showed up that bills had arrived. When they returned home they couldn't use the off the grid shower function until they had paid the bill. 

For Winterfest they couldn't use the shower off the grid (and perhaps the sink) until they had collected the presents in the mailbox.

Other Issues I've noticed since the patch came out

*   Slightly unrelated but leaves have been piling up under the new post style foundation asking to be swept. I sweep them up and they disappear. (Thankfully they don't seem to rot).

*  I've also have a few sims walk through fences into areas without floors after I installed the patch that let me use off the grid.

*    I've also encountered times where I cannot clean an item because we are off the grid (dirty sinks, showers etc.) The only solution I found is to replace the item.

*  I had a sim try to read in the shower and get stuck because he couldn't put his book down until I traveled to a different lot. This is all I've noticed since I've been playing the new family.

Message 14 of 30 (2,561 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Update

I've made a save just for testing a few of the bugs, I've gotten the bill bug to re-occur and I've found that it won't happen when just off the lot unless the entire household is also off the lot
I had a single sim spend around 2 sim days off-lot and there were no bills, but when I made all of the sims come to the same non-home lot there were bills in barely half a sim day

This save also has the cleaning glitch, does anyone know if it's ok to post saves publicly here? I'd like to post this both for testers and for people working on mod bugfixes.

Message 15 of 30 (2,543 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [OR] Sims receive bills for "Off the Grid" lots wh

★★ Novice

Same here. Specifically, I think it happened when I stayed overnight on other lots. Once I stayed at a “bed and breakfast” community lot in Brindleton Bay, and once I hung around for a couple of days on a residential lot in Oasis Springs waiting for a cherry tree to grow. Both times I got massive bills.

Message 16 of 30 (2,519 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The entire family living off the lot sounds about right, which is why it is so closely associate with vacationing!  This seems to fit the multitude of scenarios people are coming across.

Just a reminder to people that the easiest solution is in the problem: Simply ignore the bills and your power and water will be "shut off", which has zero consequence on the Off The Grid Lot.  

Message 17 of 30 (2,492 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I reported earlier that when my sim went to Granite Falls, she got bills from her off-grid lot while on vacation. I would also like to add that my sim was at the Sand Bar on a Monday morning (I know she is such a party animal) when bills came for her off the grid lot. So it may be a bug not just with vacation travel but being away from home base when the bills come?

Message 18 of 30 (2,465 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@BrennachanDefnitely, with my test the sims weren't on vacation but at a bar in Sulani, the same world their home lot was in.
As long as the household is off the home lot the bills glitch usually occurs in my tests.

Message 19 of 30 (2,458 Views)

★★★ Guide

Noticed this too in my games. I have been rolling with it though and just pretend its the phone or internet  or otherwise bills for services and things I used while not on an Off The Grid lot. 

Cause... that's how it works in real life... sometimes... Confused

Message 20 of 30 (2,428 Views)