Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Off Grid Living: Internet doesn't work for Slablet despite Pow

by Naviald

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Off Grid Living: Internet doesn't work for Slablet despite Power

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle. Game Packs: All of them. Stuff Packs: Cool Kitchen Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get The Slablet from Build mode and have a Sim try to use the Internet options such as Browse Web.
What happens when the bug occurs? It tells me that the Internet doesn't work Off-the-Grid even though there is power.
What do you expect to see? Being able to click on these options.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Whenever I try to use actions such as Browse Web on The Slablet, it tells me that the Internet doen't work Off-the-Grid even though there is power.

Message 1 of 6 (6,977 Views)

Re: The Slablet does not work Off-the-Grid even though there is power

★★ Apprentice
@JB_114 is off the grid enabled as a lot trait? Off the grid would turn off internet as well as power. Generators or solar/wind power might not count to have functional internet.
Message 2 of 6 (6,905 Views)

Re: The Slablet does not work Off-the-Grid even though there is power

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@j4f0 Browsing the web works on the computer and on the phone while Off-the-Grid.

Message 3 of 6 (6,830 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Off Grid Living: Internet doesn't work for Slablet despite Pow

★★ Apprentice

I have this same issue but also applies to hiring services directly from objects such as bars (Mixologist), guitars (Guitarist) and microphones (Comedian).

Message 4 of 6 (6,752 Views)

★★ Guide

The following tablet interactions test for the Off The Grid lot challenge in tests_globals instead of using utility_info:

• tablet_Browse_HomeworkLookForAnswerKey
  • tablet_WatchGameStreams
  • tablet_Picker_Chat
  • tablet_TrollForum
  • tablet_Chat
  • tablet_Chat_Autonomous
  • tablet_SearchForInformationOnVampires
  • tablet_SearchForInformationOnVampires_TooEasy
  • tablet_HighSchoolFestival_GameJam
  • tablet_Social_Media_OpenSocialMedia

For PC users, I have a mod that fixes this. If you look up thefreshsims on Tumblr and go to My Mods, you should find a mod titled "Tablet Off The Grid Fix".

Message 5 of 6 (2,353 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I know it's been over three years, but this is still an issue.

Message 6 of 6 (906 Views)