by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Off-Grid Living: Broken Plumbing Won't Repair

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.25
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure. But for me when it happened my lot was off the grid and I added a water source (wishing well)
What happens when the bug occurs? The sink was broken and my Sim gathered water from the well. The sink just will not finish repairing. my Sim tried repairing it for hours and nothing. The repair man came and tried and nothing. I clicked the Replace Sink instant option and the funds were taken and the sink was still broken. The weirdest part is that it's as if I had two sinks. One for off the grid and one for regular water use. The off the grid sink was fine but as soon as I turned water use back on the sink "broke" again. Oddly enough using Repairo from Realm of Magic was the final successful way to fix the sink without deleting it.
What do you expect to see? A sink that repairs when I click replace or try to repair it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.25 and installation of Eco Lifestyle

https://youtu.be/xaO2QpXskJs

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template, Added Tag, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 9 (1,658 Views)

Re: Broken Sink Won't Repair.

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Bearpal64 Don't have time to watch the video so quick question: was the sink upgraded and if so, which upgrades ?

EDIT: Please also update your game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,641 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@crinrict No worries it's also a bit of me playing around just playing the game I should have trimmed it before uploading but anyways.

No upgrades. They aren't high enough in handiness skill. Just a sink I bought from the catalog and placed it. It worked fine before I "gathered water" the sink even broke before and I could fix it
Message 3 of 9 (1,634 Views)

Hero
@Bearpal64 If it was a one time thing .. I wouldn't worry too much.

You're on 1.25 ? Haven't you updated your game to 1.27 yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (1,619 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@crinrict Yeah I am not overly worried about it yet but it's my only off the grid lot so I'd have to try it more. Hahah. I'm sure my game will upgrade by the time I get home. Thanks for everything you do I mean it! You don't get enough credit or kudos 😋🍔
Message 5 of 9 (1,615 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@crinrict Start the video at the 26 minute mark. He had the same issue as me. Like pretty much exactly the same.
https://youtu.be/1DIxWk1hPqY
Message 6 of 9 (1,563 Views)

Hero
@Bearpal64 So basically it looks like you can't repair plumbing objects on off-grid lots ? Have you tried switching the lot type to see if it repairs then ? (In case you can duplicate again) ?

Will mark this as needs input for now to see if others have this too

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (1,544 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrict.
I'm having a similar issue - my sims will sometimes repair objects and sometimes not (but more often will). I think this is bigger than plumbing. I have Eco Lifestyle installed. When they don't fix it, they will still gain handiness skill and work on it for a while, but the object just won't be fixed (a bit of a problem for dumpster-diving refurbishment gameplay).

The most recent object that my sim couldn't fix was a refrigerator (crisponix adequate, I think). We were ON the grid. She successfully fixed another fridge around the same time, and I noticed that the animation was different. For the successful repair, she opened the door and used a screwdriver on the inside, for the failed repair, she used the animation for upgrading a bed without opening it. I tried this multiple times and the animations stayed consistent.

Then her recycle disciple husband walked in and swiped a pile of trash and I exited the game for a bit lol.

Message 8 of 9 (1,503 Views)

Hero
@idsfdisu There's still this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Unbreakable-Object-breaks-no-repair-Patch-1-59-73/...

If you feel that's your issue, please post there. If you think it's a specific issue with Eco, please create your own thread. Like to keep that one to off-grid

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (1,497 Views)