[NEEDS SAVES] Objects show up in the sky and on map

by Sindel910

Original Post

Re: Flying food stalls in San Myshuno

[ Edited ]

@Maysbat 

Crin shared your save with me for additional testing Standard smile 

I've had a really good look around San Myshuno and there is a lot of TOOL usage in the world. If you didn't do it, have you downloaded Lots from the Gallery? Or are you playing a save that has been shared with you? It's possible the creators used TOOL and lost items in the world when entering erroneous values. Instead of undoing the placement they simply kept trying to place the same object. It certainly looks that way with the festival stuff.

I noticed these lights above a penthouse:

09-22-21_6_20_12 PM.png

When I bulldozed the penthouse they disappeared.

I also noticed these on the apartments:

(Edit - ignore this, in a clean new save they still appear so are Maxis placed)

09-22-21_6_35_56 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-09-22 at 18.38.25.png

I'm not sure how you're going to get rid of them unless you trash the save and backups and start again. You could bulldoze all the lots and see if that works.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 21 of 122 (1,444 Views)

★★ Guide
@Bluebellflora I don't have TOOL mod and never used. I build the penthouse in the arts quarter but in different save and I put it in this one from my gallery. The one in fashion district I downloaded from lilsimsie but it wasn't the first time and in other saves everything was fine. And I don't really want to trash that save.
Message 22 of 122 (1,435 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Maysbat

Those items do not just appear. They have been placed using TOOL, if not by you then they are attached to builds you have downloaded.

Screenshot 2021-09-22 at 18.32.10.png

This is the one I bulldozed but didn't change the lot name:

Screenshot 2021-09-22 at 18.29.27.png

AHQSigImage.png
Message 23 of 122 (1,430 Views)

★★ Guide
@Bluebellflora But builds that I have in those two neighborhood are mine except the one you bulldozed and I don't use TOOL and all of this builds are in my gallery so anyone can download them and there where fine in the beginig. I would say is more glitch of the world itself because my lots wouldn't explain flying stalls.
Message 24 of 122 (1,425 Views)

@Maysbat 

I've started with a clean TS4 folder, no saves, nothing.

I've downloaded your Fountainview Penthouse and can see this floating above the lot:

Screenshot 2021-09-22 at 20.07.59.png

I can grab it and delete it. Was it raised up too high when you were building? I'll test a few more too.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 25 of 122 (1,420 Views)

★★ Guide
@Bluebellflora Yes, it was raised up too high. I forgot about it so I didn't mentioned it.
Message 26 of 122 (1,415 Views)

@Maysbat 

Ok, so I've spent a while downloading your lots and then going into live camera mode and viewing up high and afar. There was nothing floating in the air but at some point this appeared when I was placing your lots from the gallery into the Spice district:

09-22-21_9_54_23 PM.png

I think the only way to properly eliminate user error here and figure out whether it is a bug or not is to start a clean game and download your lots individually, then go into live mode and really check to see if the stalls float again.

Or check for any other reports of the same issue that isn't attributed to TOOL or raising objects in build mode.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 27 of 122 (1,303 Views)

★★ Guide
@Bluebellflora I don't know is it my lots fault or not but almost all of the apartments I refurnished in this save and I put lots in June/July (spa is the newest but I was playing in that neighborhood and stalls weren't flying then) and until now everything was fine. I figure out and kind of reset San Myshuno to default version and I am gonna play in this save and check if this glitch will show up again.
Message 28 of 122 (1,278 Views)

Stuff in the sky?!

★★ Pro

Okay I'm at a loss for words. I guess this counts as a technical issue. I was about to build on the Old Salt House lot in San Myshuno and saving the lot to my gallery.. That's when I noticed a tiny speck in the sky, way far away out of the playable area..

10-11-21_10-35-34 PM.png

I needed to investigate and found.. THIS

10-11-21_10-35-02 PM.png

What the h..? Any ideas ???

Message 29 of 122 (1,242 Views)

Re: Stuff in the sky?!

★★ Guide
@siirysiir The same thing happened in my game. And even in default version of San Myshuno in the same save it happend again. Funny thing is that in that neighborhood I saw it happening again I didn't have time to change lots so it's not connected to build like heros suggested.
Message 30 of 122 (1,193 Views)