Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Objects show up in the sky and on map

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own all of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Placing a lot on a penthouse saved from a penthouse will caused misplaced objects. Not sure if its due to the high amount of objects saved but this doesn't occur for lots that are on solid ground.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I place a large penthouse on the Britechester campus dorms, chandeliers outside pillars and some roof objects get misplaced or deleted. See images attached.
What do you expect to see? The objects in the places they are meant to be and have nothing misplaced or deleted. A direct copy of what was saved.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So I made a very ornate 4-story dormitory lot on the University of Britechester towers, the one meant to be like penthouses, in one saved game. After saving them to the gallery after I double checked everything was in its place, I move to a new saved game and try to bring those dorms over into the same Britechester towers. However, when I place them in Build/Buy through the gallery, pillars and chandeliers will be placed high above the lot from where they are supposed to be and in certain instances, roof objects are deleted (Although I figured out if I make sure I'm on the stop story before I bring the new dorms in, the roof objects will appear. I've tried bulldozing the lot first, not bulldozing and replacing the current building, and turning bb.moveobjects cheat on and off (In most instances I make sure its turned on, otherwise objects I've placed using the cheat will be deleted when I bring it in from the gallery.)

I plan to make a video of my builds, but if I want to show off my builds in hopes of people downloading them, I don't want them to download them with objects misplaced much higher than they're supposed to be.

EDIT - I made TWO very ornate 4-story dormitories both on the opposing towers on the Britechester campus. Both do the exact same thing even though the way the lots look are strikingly different in terms of structure.

(CM: Merged multiple posts together)

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 7 of 121 (10,928 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Misplaced Objects when Bringing in Penthouse Dorm at Britechester

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Sul Sul! 

Thank you all for submitting your information and save files!

At this time we do not need anymore.

The team will investigate.

View in thread

Message 121 of 121 (109 Views)

All Replies

Can’t click second floor and can’t go upstairs at all

★★ Novice

I have a problem in one specific home where I can not click the upper level of a home and select “go here” and i can’t go up the stairs at all only on the second floor. I click on objects to make the sim engage with that activity but the icon in theirs to do bar will just x itself out. I have mods but i completely deleted them all and tried again so that was not the issue and i also tried to  repair the game in origin and that also did not work. Any suggestions please because this problem is really making me unmotivated to play. Thank you!

Message 1 of 121 (11,059 Views)

Re: Can’t click second floor and can’t go upstairs at all

★★ Novice
@heathernaeder I also made sure there was nothing blocking both sets of stairs.
Message 2 of 121 (11,058 Views)

@heathernaeder

Could you upload the house to the gallery? I'd like to download and test it. There was a similar report a few weeks ago for a specific lot.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 121 (11,022 Views)

★★ Novice

I uploaded it! It’s the torendi tower penthouse in the city living world. I named it Heathers tower penthouse! Thank you so much for your help. Let me know how it goes. It took me days to decorate that’s why i’m so heartbroken over this  Frown

Message 4 of 121 (10,984 Views)

[ Edited ]

@heathernaeder 

There appears to be a giant baby above your lot:

07-18-20_11:21:17 AM.png

Screenshot 2020-07-18 at 11.23.58.png

The only way I can find to get rid of it is to bulldoze the lot Frown

Edit - I reloaded the lot because I figured there must have been something specific causing the issue. Bulldozing the nursery gets rid of the baby but doesn't solve the routing issue:

Screenshot 2020-07-18 at 12.03.39.png

However, bulldozing the master bedroom gets rid of the baby and solves the routing issue Standard smile

Screenshot 2020-07-18 at 12.21.30.png

There may be an object(s) causing the issue in the bedroom. You would need to systematically remove each object to test.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 121 (10,938 Views)

★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora LMAOAOAOAO the baby omg i forgot i put it there as a joke hahahahaha. I already removed the baby before i saved the lot though so i knew that wasn’t the problem haha! I’ll def check out the master bedroom i really appreciate the help thank you so much!!!
Message 6 of 121 (10,880 Views)

@Sindel910

I've seen something similar with a penthouse in San Myshuno from another user. What does the lot look like in map view? Can you see the objects above it?

Have you used any Mods in the build?

Could you upload it to the gallery so I can test in my game?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 121 (10,864 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

In map view, I can see the objects floating above, yes. And no, I've used no CC in the build and have no mods at all.

Okay, I uploaded one to the gallery on my page, Origin ID: Sindel910

It's titled "Test".

Do let me know if it does the same thing in your game when you bring the lot in from the gallery on to the Drake Hall Tower.

Message 9 of 121 (10,847 Views)

@Sindel910 

Thanks Standard smile

I placed it with MOO off and it looked great. No floating lights or columns and no lights or columns above the lot in map view either. I bulldozed it and placed it again with MOO enabled and the lights and columns are now floating and I can see them in map view.

MOO disabled:

Screenshot 2020-08-30 at 14.12.17.png

MOO enabled:

Screenshot 2020-08-30 at 14.14.19.png

It seems it only occurs with MOO enabled. Did this happen after you saved the lot, quit, and then went back to it? When I placed without MOO there was no mailbox on the lot, I guess you placed with MOO? 

AHQSigImage.png
Message 10 of 121 (10,826 Views)