Re: Stuff in the sky?!

by siirysiir

Original Post

Re: Misplaced Objects when Bringing in Penthouse Dorm at Britechester

Champion

This sounds similar to my problem. I have a complete floating festival in San Myshuno Arts Quarter. It is only visible from the penthouses and in cameraman mode. The objects float so high above the ground that from a distance they look like a zeppelin (screenshot 1), only zooming in closer reveals their nature (screenshot 2). At night they light up (screenshot 3).

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 31 of 122 (1,552 Views)

Hero
@siirysiir and @Maysbat

I merged your posts in this bug report. This was originally for MOO placed objects but it seems there's something else going on.

Adjusted the title

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 122 (1,530 Views)

★★ Pro
@Maysbat Glad to hear I'm not the only one! And in my case, I don't think it has anything to do with TOOL even though I have the mod installed. I use it to some degree in some of my builds (mainly like sizing furniture) and I'm not sure if it's even in the realm of possibilities to take this many objects That far away, like it was near the absolute edge of the world. I haven't used the "move" functionality in this neighbourhood and it is impossible to do it by accident because you need to use the user interface for it and placing many objects at the same time very far away would require the knowledge on how to do it. Also the build closest to these is a very old build of mine, didn't even use mods back then. The only thing I can say for certain is that I've switched between households a lot in this neighbourhood.
Message 33 of 122 (1,499 Views)

★★ Pro

Thank you Crin! I'll share this one too, I've seen people report (it might have been on reddit) floating stuff like this in Glimmerbrook too. This is in Brindleton bay.

01-30-21_11-20-53 PM.png

Message 34 of 122 (1,498 Views)

@siirysiir

Are those trees or bushes??!

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 35 of 122 (1,488 Views)

★★ Pro
@Bluebellflora Neither? It depicts generic greenery imo. It's some world item that is apparently only used in the distance, so basically just a 2-dimensional image of some grass or something. I'm not sure if they are all one object or are there a few. I don't think I've come across this/these object(s) when searching through the items with bb.showliveeditobjects.
Message 36 of 122 (1,449 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@siirysiir @Bluebellflora

I have the same problem with floating food stalls high in the sky. I noticed this happening after the Cottage Living release patch.

I used TOOL mod since half a year but never saw this issue until the Cottage Living patch. So i guess maybe something was changed in that patch that broke the mod or the food stalls itself.

It would be nice to have some input from TwistedMexi, i don't know if he reads here or if anyone can reach out to him. Because if it is indeed the TOOL mod's fault then this makes the mod a major problem since it makes the food stalls disappear & the festivals not showing up properly.

Making a new save is not an option for me since i have over 200 unique households with role NPCs and everything, lol.

Message 37 of 122 (1,412 Views)

@Tenseijken

I’m not sure now, based on further input from others, that it is TOOL. Could be an issue with the game and how it generates the stalls perhaps?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 38 of 122 (1,406 Views)

★★ Pro
@Bluebellflora I'm understanding that the common features of us reporting food stalls in the sky is that it's actually those full sets of objects that are to appear in the City living neighbourhoods. Mine is just one of the casual sets that spawn in Spice district. I think others had the festival setup. But somehow they are teleported very Very far away for unknown reasons. And the worst part is that they stay there.
Message 39 of 122 (1,393 Views)

@siirysiir

Yes, I understand Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 40 of 122 (1,386 Views)