by missdeefying

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Objects combust into fire

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Light a fireplace. It seems to happen most when the fireplace has been upgraded.
What happens when the bug occurs? Fireplaces upgraded with Fireproof are causing ceiling lights to catch fire.
What do you expect to see? A) Fireproof fireplaces not causing fires. B) Ceiling lights definitely not catching fire. What even?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have upgraded my fireplaces with Fireproof and Autolight in several different saves. The fireproof fireplaces are causing a lot of fires, which I believe is a known bug. Planning to avoid this, I moved everything at least 3 tiles away from the fireplace. And then my ceiling lights caught fire.

ETA: I disabled or did not install autolight on the fireplaces, to avoid this occurring without my knowledge or attention. However, I had one of my sims warm herself by the fire, which was clear for 3 tiles in all directions except the wall it backed up against, and within seconds the ceiling light caught fire. This problem was occurring intermittently before Seasons went live (about 50-80% of the time), but has occurred every time I lit a fireplace in my new save for Seasons playtesting. I had to remove all fireplaces and replace them with a thermostat.

Edit By Crinrict: Removed outdated tag.

Message 13 of 20 (5,449 Views)

[OPEN] Objects combust into fire

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My sims lamp (On desk by computer) caught on fire, and then the next day their computer caught fire as well. Is this a bug? If so please solve!!

Message 1 of 20 (5,737 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Fire Bug

★★ Guide

Hi there,

Could you elaborate how the fire started? Did those items self-combust? Also, listing out where your sim lives and what lot traits it has is helpful.

Standard smile

Message 2 of 20 (5,723 Views)

Hero

I've heard of ceiling lights catching fire before.

Are you using any mods/cc in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 20 (5,709 Views)

★★ Novice

My sims lives in Windenburg and my sims was writing while the items just caught on fire. The lot has no negative traits, it has Chefs kitchen, natural light and home studio.

P.s I use some cc, but it's only a hair and a pair of pants

Message 4 of 20 (5,700 Views)

★★ Novice

But the ceiling light didn't catch fire, I use some cc but not very much

Message 5 of 20 (5,699 Views)

★★ Guide
Whoah, I guess I am lucky not encountering any self-combusting furniture ever.
My best advice for you right now is to run the game without custom contents, see the link below for more information:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Usage-of-Mods-and-Custom-Content/m-p/393...
I will try to test those lot traits if I have time, but I doubt that I will receive a constructive result.

On side note, could it be any of the other household members have SimRay in their inventory? I do know transforming objects via SimRay has a chance to set it on fire, although I do not know wether sims do that automatically or not (I think not).
Message 6 of 20 (5,697 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I will try to run the game without my cc, but there are no other sims in the household so there wouldn't be any sims rays. Thanks for the help!

Message 7 of 20 (5,691 Views)

★★ Guide
You are welcome! Sorry I cannot be of much help :-I
Message 8 of 20 (5,684 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@SimWhisperer0123 Would you be able to share your save file where you experienced this issue, so that we might investigate? Thanks much!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 20 (5,667 Views)