by LadyDarkSorrow

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Object sinks into platform and can't be placed/rotated

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except Eco Lifestyle, Journy To Batuu and Nifty Knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a platform and place the toilet.
What happens when the bug occurs? 1: After placing the toilet, facing the front of the lot, I’m unable to rotate it. 2: Rotate the toilet before placing it on the platform. Both times it sinks into the platform.
What do you expect to see? Being able to place a toilet on a platform and not having it only face one way.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch from 11/10/2020

I don’t know if this is a bug.

I’m using the 5-1-2 Kiyomatsu lot in Mt. Komorebi. If I move the house further in on the lot, it workes fine. But as soon as I move the house backwards, to the second-last tile, the toilet deleted itself.

But it doesn’t happen to all of my toilets, only the one next to the back wall.

Toilet 1st floor:

15.11.2020_19-43-33.png

Toilet 2nd floor (no issues with this one):

15.11.2020_19-44-05.png

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 19 (1,192 Views)

Re: Can’t rotate toilet on platform

Hero
@marianlarsen As the virus scanner is currently not working, could you try putting the pictures in your post directly

Click on the picture icon in the icon bar to do so

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (1,169 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict I’ve updated my post with pictures.
Message 3 of 19 (1,159 Views)

Hero
@marianlarsen Thanks. I'll try this in the morning

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (1,150 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@marianlarsen 

I just tested this, toilet needs 2 block in front to be place. like this

11-15-20_11-46-47 PM.png

Message 5 of 19 (1,130 Views)

★★ Guide
@LadyDarkSorrow It has worked with only one tile, but apparently it depends on where on the lot I place the house, and the toilet.

I managed to place the toilet on a 1-tile platform (same as picture), but then I moved the house to a bigger lot (5-1-2 Kiyomatsu), and that’s when I started having issues.

When placing the house in the middle of the lot, there was no problem placing the toilet. But after I moved the house to the back of the lot, the toilet dissapeared.

I can still place the toilet on said platform, but only one way, facing the front of the lot, and not sideways like I want it.
Message 6 of 19 (1,115 Views)

Hero
@marianlarsen Could you maybe upload your build how it is now ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 19 (1,100 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict I uploaded two versions of my build. Vacation home1 and Vacation home2.

Gallery id: marianlarsen
Message 8 of 19 (1,095 Views)

Hero
@marianlarsen I can replicate this on your build but as I'm not a builder, I can't really say what's happening. It looks like it's trying to map the toilet on the lower platform or something,

Tagging @Bluebellflora if she has an idea.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 19 (1,077 Views)

@marianlarsen

Did you have MOO enabled when you moved the lot and the loo disappeared? If you didn't could you try it with MOO enabled?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 10 of 19 (1,070 Views)