by crispytofucubes

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [OR] Unidentified plants can't be harvested in Granite Falls

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, StrangerVille, Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Granite Falls and try to harvest a fully matured unidentified plant during summer.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I click on an unidentified wild plant, it only gives me the option to "View Plant", even though it is fully matured, in season, and ready to be harvested (example: chamomile is flowering and has sparkles floating around it that usually indicate that a plant is ready to be harvested).
What do you expect to see? All wild plants that are in season and fully matured should be harvestable.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This only happens in Granite Falls and the regular wild plants like strawberries can still be harvested normally. I have also already tried waiting until after 5 AM to try to harvest the plants, but it still does not work. I have already tried resetting the plants and repairing the game.

UPDATE: It looks like I can't harvest basil either.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 6 (3,966 Views)

Re: Unidentified plants can't be harvested in Granite Falls

Hero
@crispytofucubes Do they show as unidentified or are they named ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (3,863 Views)

Re: Unidentified plants can't be harvested in Granite Falls

★★ Novice

They are not named.

Message 3 of 6 (3,842 Views)

No harvest interaction on wild plants

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion: Eco, university, island living, seasons, pets, city living, get together, get to work. Game: Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor retreat. Stuff: tiny living, laundry, glamor, backyard, movie hangout, spooky, kitchen, patio.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to granite falls to find unidentified plants, can't harvest.
What happens when the bug occurs? Actions not appearing.
What do you expect to see? Expect to be able to harvest plants.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm having an issue where I can't find unidentified plants to harvest. I'm going to granite falls for vacations, and searching around and am not finding any wild plants to harvest. The only options that appear are 'view', and 'remove wild plants'. I've come back in different seasons in case they just weren't in season, but either harvestable wild plants aren't spawning or when do I don't receive the action to harvest. I'm trying to complete the 'Harvest 10 unidentified plants' goal in the outdoor enthusiast aspiration.

Message 4 of 6 (3,756 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [OR] Unidentified plants can't be harvested in Granite Falls

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same problem. I can view the plants in granite falls but no option to harvest any of them that are called wild unidentified plants. Anyone have a fix for this yet? My game is updated, so it origin and so is my Mac OS

Message 5 of 6 (1,688 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [OR] Unidentified plants can't be harvested in Granite Falls

EA Sims Team

Hello @Rbarry97 

Are you seeing this without mods or custom content installed?  If so, would you be willing to share affected save files?

Instructions here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 6 (1,488 Views)