Re: Routing error when attempting to roast at campfire

by crinrict

Original Post

[FIXED] [OR] Routing error when to roast at campfire (Patch 1.63.136)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them up to Eco Lifestyle except My First Pet Stuff and Moschino Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to roast something at the campfire. Marshmallow's work some of the time but not always, other roasting options do not work.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim waves hands and shows the routing error thought bubble. This occurs regardless of having available seating at the fire or none at all.
What do you expect to see? The sim successfully roast food, either kneeling or sitting next to the fire.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sometimes if you start a marshmallow you can then roast something else afterwords except a fish in your inventory. If you try this with the fish the sim will briefly pull it out and start roasting, then the fish will disappear and not appear back in the inventory screen. However I noticed that the partially roasted fish will appear in the list of giftable items for gifting to another sim.

‌At first I thought this was CC related so I removed it all and still had the routing error. I then completely removed the game including all files in the Documents folder and re-downloaded the game from Origin. The error is still occurring. I have a save where it occurred after I re-installed the game uploaded to Google Drive if needed.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 12 (1,242 Views)

Hero
@Garetstorm Are you using chairs around the campfire ? Is this happening in all worlds or only on a specific lot ?

For me it's working fine from what I tested (which was only home lot)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (1,201 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I've tried it with and without chairs in several different worlds on several different lots. I'm going to try it on my work laptop next.

Ok, so if I try it with a fresh save on my laptop it works. However I downloaded the save from my other PC and tried it and it's still mostly broken. So strange.

(merge post) - Atic 

Message 3 of 12 (1,175 Views)

Hero
@Garetstorm Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (1,136 Views)

Hero
@Garetstorm Could you send me your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (1,099 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Sorry, I was out of town over the weekend. I'll send you the save later today when I'm at home.

Message 6 of 12 (1,086 Views)

Hero
@Garetstorm I can duplicate the issue on your save.

So weird. No idea what could be causing it, tbh.

Is this an older save from before the bug was fixed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (1,055 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Nope, that was a fresh save I made on Monday after I re-downloaded the entire game last week.

Message 8 of 12 (1,023 Views)

Hero
@Garetstorm I'll forward your save to QA.

Don't know what's going on.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (994 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Great, thanks. It's a strange issue for sure.

Message 10 of 12 (964 Views)