by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [OR] Park Ranger Not Spawning/ Tag missing

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go on vacation to Granite Falls
What happens when the bug occurs? The Park Ranger NPC that could give sims information on camping and herbalism is not spawning
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the Park Ranger NPC to spawn in Granite Falls and/or walk around the vacation neighborhood.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So I travel with my sims on vacation to Granite Falls, and before, the Park Ranger would come to your campsite or cabin and he would give your sim some tips on camping and herbalism. Right now he doesn't  seem to be spawning at all in my game. In a save it's been three days and he still hasn't showed up, not on his cabin on the forest either. Oddly enough, I'm having multiple sims dressed as the bear NPC spawning. And I don't think I've gone to a bear night.

Message 1 of 6 (680 Views)

Re: Park Ranger Not Spawning

★★★ Expert
@Sigzy05 I just did a quick test on a new game & traveled straight to Granite Falls on day 1 of the new game. As soon as my Sim got there she went to that small booth at the center of the campground to purchase supplies. There was a Ranger walking around in that area. I've been to Granite Falls in my regular game saves since the last game patch on Dec. 12 and there have been Rangers in those games as well, but I just wanted to double-check. It doesn't seem like Outdoor Retreat or the park rangers have been bugged by that patch. Maybe it was just a glitch? Whenever I don't see them walking around they are usually at one of the fishing spots. Can you try a quick test on a new game to see if the Rangers will show up in that save?

The Rangers seem to be randomly generated NPC's as I have seen them in both male and female and ages from young adult to elder. The Sims in the bear suits are also a normal part of Granite Falls, both in the campground area and in the forest. They are not part of the Bear Nights at the bars in the other worlds. I wish there were more regular animals at Granite Falls, but oh well xD

Good luck!
Message 2 of 6 (658 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@Sigzy05 I tested this and I can also see a ranger in my game. He does however not have a ranger tag on him. He looks like one from the clothing but when you hover over him there's no indication. He does have the regular interactions.

Maybe you have one but he's not clothed as one cause of some situational outfit issue and cause the tag is missing you don't realize he's there ?

@RandomBuzziness Does yours have a red tag when you hover over them ? Pretty sure there used to be one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (648 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@crinrict  I do not see a red tag when hovering over a park ranger. I am relatively new to Sims 4 so that must have been before my time. Their tags look the same as any other NPC, but as you say, they do wear the Ranger outfit while they are "at work". I often see them in other worlds when they are "off duty" and they'll wear everyday outfits. If I check on them in my Sim's relationships tab they will show a career as Park Ranger at Granite Falls.

@Sigzy05  To me they appear to be randomly generated NPC's that are created on the first time you visit Granite Falls. I've seen rangers of both genders with ages from young adult to elder, and I've never seen the same NPC in any of my saves. They are always different. In a few of my saves there are two rangers but usually I will just see one. Maybe there is some kind of random factor involved during the NPC generation process that in rare cases can result in zero rangers?

Message 4 of 6 (627 Views)

★ Guide

Haaa he's not tagged then? Why? I might have to check this out again. Perhaps he's in cold weather clothing and I can't find him.

Message 5 of 6 (602 Views)

Hero
@Sigzy05 Possibly. I would say the missing tag is a bug though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (577 Views)