Original Post

Highlighted

[OPEN] Very High Household Bills While On Vacation

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? CL, CD, S, GF, IL, OR, SD, DO, V, PH, JA, SV, ROM, PPSP, SSP, CKSP, MHSP, RGSP, KSPS, BYSP, BNSP, FSP, MFPSP, MSP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Active Sims on a vacation lot when bills come due.
What happens when the bug occurs? An unusually high household bill arrives - sometimes more than one a week.
What do you expect to see? I expect the household bills to come once a week and to reflect a consistent amount based on the value of the Sims' home lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sent a recently married couple to Selvadorada and they got their normal 5K bill at home right before leaving, but on a Friday (bills had always arrived on Mondays previously). Then, an additional 35K bill on a Monday while they were on vacation. I had to use a cheat code - in fact - to cover the expense!

I understand that some others have had this happen to their Sims while on public lots at billing time as well, although this has not happened to me.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 33 (6,884 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [OR] Bills are higher when on vacation

★ Apprentice

Having same issue in Selvadoradia. Rented the 8-bed house, next to the trailhed. The 2 sims I left at home are still going to work as normal, and am getting notifications of their daily income and promotions. Bills just came for a staggering $208k !

Normal bills while all sims are on home lot are roughly 60k, soooo...wth?

Additional info: PS4, no cheats, no mods

Message 2 of 33 (4,424 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [OR] [JA] Very High Household Bills While On Vacation

Hero

With the new billing system, please let me know if anyone is still seeing this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 33 (6,682 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] [OR] [JA] Very High Household Bills While On Vacation

Hero
Does anyone still have issues with this after the bill update ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 33 (6,652 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My Sim just vacationed at Mt. Komorebi and came home to EXTREMELY high bills. 48,952 in lot taxes and 141,798 in unpaid bills! Normally my bills are around 30k!

Message 5 of 33 (6,491 Views)

Hero
@wilsonannier That's probably a double issue, the main one being getting bills for both lots which has been an issue since OR came out.

I moved your post over to that thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 33 (6,487 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict which thread sorry?
Message 7 of 33 (6,477 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@wilsonannier I moved your post to the thread on high vacation bills. It's in the correct thread now.

(although it does sound like you also have the other issue). Just seems more appropriate here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 33 (6,462 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [OR] [JA] Very High Household Bills While On Vacation

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Happened to me today, my Sims who live in Mt. Komorebi went on vacation in Sulani, and on their 3rd day they got hit with bills about triple what they usually pay (they live in a Tiny House at home, so low bills).
Message 9 of 33 (6,399 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Very High Household Bills While On Vacation

★★★★ Apprentice

First full day of vacation in Granite Falls - over 9,000 Simeoleons, as opposed to my normal bills around 800. This is the first time I've ever noticed this, but I very rarely ever have my Sims go on vacation. No mods, no CC. Most recent patch. 

Message 10 of 33 (6,336 Views)