by MarsCBG

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [OR] [CL] [CAS] Visual error with puffy vest/long fabric skirt

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every expansion pack. Every game pack but Dine Out, Kid's Room Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Spooky Stuff, and Toddler Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS and apply the t-shirt with the puffy vest from Outdoor Retreat and the skirt/pants? with the long fabric from City Living together.
What happens when the bug occurs? The colour of the vest on the top appears under one of the strips of fabric on the left side of the pants regardless of the colour of either the top or bottom.
What do you expect to see? The colour of the pants should remain uniform or the colours selected from the menu.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It doesn't appear to happen with any of the other pants or skirts paired with that top or any other shirt paired with that skirt.

Message 1 of 7 (2,096 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [OR] [CL] [CAS] Visual error with puffy vest/long fabric skirt

Hero

Hi @MarsCBG

having issue seeing what you mean

Could you encircle the issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (2,017 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've edited my original post to include pictures with the error and original circled. (And fixed my own poor pasting of the screenshots.)

Message 3 of 7 (1,989 Views)

Hero
Thank you. I had a suspicious it was that but wasn't 100% sure.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (1,975 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [OR] [CL] [CAS] Visual error with puffy vest/long fabric skirt

Hero
added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (1,948 Views)

[CL] Top/bottom combo creates texture error

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except University and Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put the specific top and bottom from City Living on any (female) sim and look for the texture error on the bottom
What happens when the bug occurs? Part of the color of the CL bottom when applied with the specific CL top causes texture color issue
What do you expect to see? The bottom to no longer have the issue when paired with the specific top
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Although I'm not sure when it happened, but since as far back as before RoM, I've noticed some of the townies generated from the city wearing the iconic top/bottom combo had some texture color issues that only occur when paired together.

So, you may have encountered townies generated for the big city that are wearing CL-specific tops and bottoms, specifically this combo:

As you can see above, there's clearly a noticeable texture/color issue when this specific bottom is paired with this specific top, both from City Living. This screenshot was taken back in September.

These were taken just now:

I've tested other top/bottom combos, but so far that I've noticed this is the only top/bottom combo that renders this specific issue on this specific bottom. I don't know why only these two aren't working with each other anymore when they're both clearly part of the same pack. It's also worth noting that the color of the wrongly colored portion of the bottom matches with the color of the bottom skirt portion of the matching top, it doesn't matter what swatches either between the two, it'll always copy the same color from the bottom skirt portion no matter what swatch the top is. Switching the bottom swatches does nothing either.

Tested on a clean, vanilla save with no mods/cc and fully updated to the latest version.

Message 6 of 7 (1,763 Views)

Re: [CL] Top/bottom combo creates texture error

Hero
@paradiseplanet27 I merged your post with another thread on this skirt. Seems there's multiple tops that cause the error.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (1,724 Views)