Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Not receiving royalties (GF not Installed)

by Pookems78

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Not receiving royalties (GF not Installed)

★ Apprentice

I have a similar issue. I have 2 sims that don't get royalties. They both are in the conservationist career and in the same household. I didn't even realize the shoot nature documentary was supposed to pay royalties until just a few days ago.

Once I found out I tried what happens when publishing a book, and still no royalties.

I tried a new sim in the same save and this sim does get royalties from books.

There are some differences between the new sim and my old sims, the old sims got a degree before getting a job and because I only briefly played the new sim to quickly try what happens when publishing a book, the new sim did not have any active lifestyles.

I do have another issue with the lifestyles, I'm supposed to only have 3, but I get more. I tried once via a cheat to remove, but that only worked the first time, now I'm stuck with 4 or 5 lifestyles I'm just mentioning it in case it has an impact on my royalty issue.

I have all games apart for: get famous, journey to batuu, realm of magic, parenthood, vampires, toddler and kidsroom.

Message 31 of 39 (1,190 Views)

Not receiving royalties

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? - EPs: all but Get Famous and Cats&Dogs - GPs: Strangerville, Jungle Adventures, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat - SPs: Paranormal, Tiny Living, Toddler, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Publish books or music.
What happens when the bug occurs? No daily royalty reports, no royalties.
What do you expect to see? Royalties. And a royalty report, ideally.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the latest game patch

My sims had published several books and songs, and after the latest patch stopped receiving royalties for them. I don't get royalty reports either. They are not mermaids and there was never a problem with this before.

Message 32 of 39 (1,159 Views)

Unable to get royalties

★★★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? Latest update.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs, Island Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a human in Sulani, they will not get any royalties for anything they publish.
What happens when the bug occurs? My human sim will submit her nature documentary, then she never receives any royalties. Same with everything else that typically gives royalties.
What do you expect to see? Royalties when you’re supposed tog eat them weekly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have a human that is a marine biologist in Sulani. She has tried to publish many nature documentaries- and has never got any royalties. Now her husband- my other human sim- has published music and is not getting royalties. Sulani is showing a lot of bugs that need to be addressed. I did not have these problems when living in other worlds. Would prefer to not have to start new. Hoping this is an official report to EA and that they can do an update I can install on my console. Not interested in trying random things to fix this- as it is obviously a bug that needs patched. 

Message 33 of 39 (1,163 Views)

No royalty report

★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.38.184.3400 (64bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Vintage Glamour, Spooky
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Write and publish a book.
What happens when the bug occurs? I don’t get a daily royalty report or simoleons.
What do you expect to see? A daily royalty report and simoleons.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have a writer sim with the bestselling author aspiration, and for the last few weeks he has not been getting a daily royalty report or simoleons. I still have him writing and publishing maybe a book or two a day to see if it’s somehow fixed itself but still nothing. He is currently a novelist.

Message 34 of 39 (1,116 Views)

Disappearing Books, no royalties paid

★★★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.39
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco lifestyle, island living, nifty knitting, jungle adventure, get together, laundry day stuff, backyard stuff, seasons, parenthood, toddler stuff, kids room stuff, cats & dogs, get to work, romantic garden stuff, dine out, cool kitchen stuff, city living, vampires, vintage glamour stuff and perfect patio stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Publish a book at mailbox
What happens when the bug occurs? Book disappears and no royalties ever appear.
What do you expect to see? Payment for royalties
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 35 of 39 (1,073 Views)

Re: Not receiving royalties

★★★ Novice
@crinrict It's been a while since I've started this thread, but I finally purchased the Get Famous pack and it fixed my issue of not receiving royalties. I now receive royalties like normal.
Message 36 of 39 (972 Views)

Re: Not receiving royalties

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@crinrictI can confirm this issue still exists, playing two mermaids which are receiving no royalties for books and songs. Previously one of them (not a mermaid at that time) was receiving money for documentaries. I don't have Get Famous. The expansion it provides nothing for humble island writers/musicians. I am quite annoyed that there is no fix for this after such a long time, apart from purchasing a 40e expansion just for the fix.

Providing relevant part of exception report:

Spoiler
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>417b9d5625c4abc461608b2b</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2021-10-08 23:31:41</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.80.69.1030-1.200.000.529.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>royalty_tracker.py:599</categoryid><desyncid>417b9d5625c4abc461608b2b</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'buff_type')&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\alarms.py", line 260, in _run&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduler.py", line 318, in _alarm_callback&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\royalty_tracker.py", line 599, in _royalty_alarm_tick&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\royalty_tracker.py", line 423, in update_royalties_and_get_paidAttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'buff_type'rtim=0&#13;&#10;Client Session Time: 21.97&#13; &#10;Num Save Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Num Load Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Current Game State: 0x96d01090&#13; &#10;Origin Version: 10,5,105,49133&#13; &#10;Modded: False&#13; &#10;SystemInfo: Windows 8 6.2.9200 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 nvldumdx.dll 30.0.14.7212, GUID: D7B71E3E-5F20-11CF-DF6F-0E380EC2D335&#13; &#10;</desyncdata></report>

Edit By Crinrict: Added Spoiler Tags

Message 37 of 39 (924 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Not receiving royalties (GF not Installed)

★ Guide

I have isolated where this problem occurs in the game code and have figured out how it could be fixed. To test this I, since I have Get Famous already and to verify the problem more thoroughly, have artificially created a situation where the error would occur, but more on that in a bit.

The issue lies in the update_royalties_and_get_payed method of the RoyaltyTracker class. Specifically in this part of the code:

for (royalty_type, royalty_list) in self._royalties.items():
	bonus_buff = None
	bonus_multiplier = None
	bonus_royalty = RoyaltyTracker.ROYALTY_TYPE_DATA.get(royalty_type).one_time_bonus
	if bonus_royalty is not None:
		bonus_buff = bonus_royalty.bonus_buff.buff_type
		if sim_info.Buffs.has_buff(bonus_buff):
			bonus_multiplier = bonus_royalty.bonus_multiplier
	for royalty in reversed(royalty_list):
		royalty_tuning = RoyaltyPayment.get_royalty_payment_tuning(royalty.royalty_guid64)
		if royalty_tuning is None:
			logger.error('royalty_tuning is none for sim {}. royalty: {}.', sim_info, royalty)
		elif royalty.update(royalty_tuning):
			payment_tag = royalty_tuning.payment_tag
			payment_amount = RoyaltyTracker.get_payment_amount(royalty, royalty_tuning)
			if bonus_multiplier is not None:
				payment_amount *= bonus_multiplier
			royalty_payment_dict[royalty] = payment_amount
			if payment_tag not in tag_payment_map:
				tag_payment_map[payment_tag] = 0
			tag_payment_map[payment_tag] += payment_amount
		else:
			royalty_list.remove(royalty)
	if bonus_multiplier is not None:
		sim_info.Buffs.remove_buff_by_type(bonus_buff)

The issue is that this code assumes that the buff will exist if the given royalty type has a one time bonus, but this is not always the case. Specifically, especially for those who use Island Living, licensing Nature Documentaries counts towards video recoding type royalties, which have a one time bonus that references a buff from Get Famous. It is likely this could happen to a Sim downloaded from the gallery who had video recording royalties, but I don't know for sure if that data is saved over the gallery; it may not be.

In any case, to test this, I overrode the XML code that defines the ROYALTY_TYPE_DATA variable and basically recreated a scenario where a Sim I played had royalties that had a one time buff bonus but the buff didn't exist, and I got the exact same error.

The fix for this would be relatively simple, as this is more or less an oversight. Something alone the lines of this, were the code ensures that the buff exists before trying to access any of its properties would work.

bonus_royalty = RoyaltyTracker.ROYALTY_TYPE_DATA.get(royalty_type).one_time_bonus
if bonus_royalty is not None:
	bonus_buff = bonus_royalty.bonus_buff
	if bonus_buff and sim_info.Buffs.has_buff(bonus_buff.buff_type):
		bonus_multiplier = bonus_royalty.bonus_multiplier

I have applied a fix on my own that does this after creating a scenario in which this error would manifest and the bug went away and my Sims successfully got their royalty payments again.

I cannot link the fix myself, but it does seem to fix the error without causing any problems.

Message 38 of 39 (852 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Not receiving royalties (GF not Installed)

Hero
@leroidetout Thanks for the mod fix. I've added the link to the list here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-Common-Game-Fixing-Mods-Hero-Approved/td-p/9836185...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 39 (840 Views)