by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Not all friends show in portrait panel when filtered by friend

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GTW, CL, GT, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Vampires, Bowling, Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio, Vintage Glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the portrait panel that shows all the sims your sim has met. Use the button to filter for "Friends".
What happens when the bug occurs? Not all friends show up using the filter. Some can only be seen when using the function to see all sims in the panel. The sims in question are listed as "Friend".
What do you expect to see? All friends listed when using the filter.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch 1.63.133.1020

When you click on the sorter button to see your list of friends, some friends don't show up. Those friends can only be viewed if the Show All button is used. Images attached.

The Friend Panle is my sim's filtered friends list, the others are the missing ones, they show friend status when "all" is selelcted.

Removed mods, updated patch, repaired game, deleted cache. Brand new game and sim.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 5 (1,268 Views)

Re: Portrait Panel Friend Bug

Hero
@sushicrow Just a hunch but there is/was an issue where some Sims were suddenly unknown to the other Sim while still being friends.

Can you invite the Sims over that are not listed ? Do you need to re-introduce yourself ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,244 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict  That's a good thought. My sim was able to invite one of the sims mentioned, the other one I don't know since he's a neighbot and might have been outside. My sim had run into Arun beifore and didn't need to introduce. I had my sim visit Geeta, and no intro needed and she remembered the friendship.

An interesting thing just happened, though. Geeta is now on my sim's filter list, I had her chat with Geeta for awhile while viisiting. I had also forgotten that she was on my sim's filter list once before and for some reason was dropped off the list less than 24 hours after talking with her in person, even though they werer friends. I found that strange, but brushed it off at the time.

Maybe something to do with culling type problems/ level of friendship?

Oh, yeha, I've updated to the latest hotfix. Thanks Standard smile

Message 3 of 5 (1,220 Views)

Hero
@sushicrow Not sure really.

Going to mark as needs input to see if anyone else has this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (1,210 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am not sure if I have the same problem, but I also noticed that not all my friends were shown in the friendship filter. They did appear in the "all relationship" window and were marked as friends but did not show up when clicking on the friend icon in the relationship panel.

Message 5 of 5 (1,181 Views)