by DizzyDee-K

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] No longer get bonus days for maxing fitness

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Max fitness, age up to elder, get to day 10.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims don't get their bonus days with just a maxed fitness skill.
What do you expect to see? 7 extra days with bonus skill
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The previous patch.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if EA changed the way it handles an elder sim who has maxed Fitness. Before this patch, a sim that maxed fitness would get 7 bonus days as an elder. A sim that completes the aspiration (and naturally has to max fitness, as well) would get a extra 10 bonus days, for a total of 17 bonus days. 

I have two sims, both elders now. One maxed fitness. She doesn't have any bonus days at all. The other maxed fitness and completed the aspiration, he has his 17 bonus days. Another simmer, a friend, also didn't get the bonus 7 days on maxed fitness, either. So it's not just my game. 

You have to have a mod installed to see if the bonus days are there or not, but I can tell you, the only mod me and my simmer friend have in common is MCCC and it happens with and without MCCC (I have sims info mod, as well, to check the age). 

Message 1 of 8 (2,449 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] No longer get bonus days for maxing fitness

Hero (Retired)

This just came up for me in my legacy game. I play with no mods or cc, never used. It's my first experience with the long-lived trait, so I wasn't sure how it was supposed to work anyway. Glad to see it explained. I can only go by "days lived" and unfortunately, didn't count the number of days before my first sim hit the "demise day". I have two sims that completed the athlete aspiration. Here's the little detail that I can provide right now:

The female sim with the long-lived trait completed the aspiration as a young adult. She used a potion of youth at the end of her young adult phase (and had already completed the aspiration). She just aged up to elder, and shows 114 days lived. I will track how many days she gets before her death day.

The male sim with the long-lived trait completed the aspiration as an adult, and used no potion of youth or other life-extending method, but I had no idea how many days he had when he aged up. When he reached his death date, I was very surprised as I expected a longer lifespan in the elder stage. I didn't count for certain at the time, but it seemed to be about the same amount of time as the others who have passed from old age (around 10 days). I've recovered the file to shortly before he aged up, so will test age to death in a couple of scenarios. So far, when he aged to elder, he showed 87 days lived. I've made both save files where he aged up with the aspiration completed, and without the aspiration completed (to be completed as an elder).

Now that I know the number of days I'm supposed to have with and without the trait, I'll report back on the results of the testing. Thanks for confirming my suspicions that the trait was not working correctly.

Message 2 of 8 (2,394 Views)

★★ Guide
It's not really the long-lived trait for me. When a sim completed the aspiration (athletic) and gets the long lived, they do get their bonus 17.5 days.

But, before this last patch, sims that have only maxed fitness got a bonus 7 days as elders, then when they completed the aspiration, they would get an additional 10 days as elders, coming up to a bonus 17.5 days, making their elder lifestage last 27.5/28 days on normal lifespan.

Sims with maxed fitness no longer get the bonus 7 days as elders. But, my sim that did complete the aspiration got the bonus total of 17.5 days, for a total lifespan of 28 days.

I know for a fact it changed after the last patch, cause my gen 1 of my legacy, the dad maxed fitness and was younger then the mom. So he should have passed well before her. He died the day after she did, cause he got 7 bonus days as an elder for maxing fitness. And now, his children, are not getting the bonus 7 days for maxing fitness skill.

So, for me, the long lived trait is fine, it's the bonus days for maxing fitness skill only that is not working as it did before the Feb 5th patch.
Message 3 of 8 (2,369 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Thanks for explaining it so thoroughly to me. I will keep an eye out for the same thing.
Message 4 of 8 (2,365 Views)
Highlighted

★ Pro

I don't know if my Sims got their bonus days of not, but I have noticed that my elder Sim who has completed the Bodybuilder Aspiration is getting dangerously tired from his morning jog. Previous Sims who've completed this Aspiration have not had this problem.

Message 5 of 8 (2,333 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (2,303 Views)

Hero (Retired)

It's taken some time for me to get back to this, but I wanted to let you know that I tested this during regular gameplay with a set of twins in my legacy challenge. One maxed fitness (no aspiration or long-lived trait), the other was at level 9 when aged to elder. Both died of old age at the exact same time, within 24 sim-hours of getting the message "long life coming to an end". 

Both of the sims from earlier that had the long-lived trait did live the extra 17/18 days past the "long life coming to an end" message. I did get the "dangerously tired" moodlet for the one that remained in the athlete career, when he went for a jog. I thought the long-lived trait was supposed to guard against that.

So, I can confirm that in my game the maxed fitness does not add any bonus days to the sim's life. The long-lived trait does add the appropriate number of bonus days, but does not appear to guard against physical activity / death by exhaustion. 

Message 7 of 8 (2,216 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I can't comment on the number of days since I'm no longer playing the household with the sim who completed the aspiration, but I can confirm that he constantly got the dangerously tired moodlet when he became an elder and I didn't remember that happening in the past (though granted I don't play with elders that often).  It got so that I had to take all the fitness equipment out of the house because my active elder kept using it and would always come off with that moodlet (I was playing the Drifter Challenge and he was one of the sims I wasn't supposed to control, though this was at least six months ago, probably a bit more). 

Thanks and regards,

Jennifer

Message 8 of 8 (2,176 Views)