by lsnishi

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] No fish swimming/jumping animations on some Oasis Springs lots

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Draw a pool on the Rio Verde or Cacti Casa lots in Oasis Springs and add the fishing sign. There will be no animations of fish swimming or jumping although sims can fish. Conversely if you add the pool and sign to Slipshod Mesquite or any other lot in other worlds, there will be the swimming/jumping animations. Although I have not tested all the lots in Oasis Springs, it seems that there is a glitch with at least two lots missing the swimming/jumping animations. We are doing a building challenge for a tropical home on the English forum so this came to light when players reported some glitched lots.
What happens when the bug occurs? Just missing animations
What do you expect to see? Fish swimming and jumping.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Nothing additional. 

Message 9 of 24 (1,761 Views)

No fish animations on some Oasis Spring lots

★★★★★ Apprentice

I put in a pool on the Cacti Casa lot in Oasis springs and added the fishing sign.  Sims could fish there and catch fish but the animations of the fish jumping and swimming is missing.  Someone else tried it in their game on the Rio Verde lot with the same results.  We suspect something got broken when Seasons got patched in.  

Message 1 of 24 (1,811 Views)

Re: No fish animations on some Oasis Spring lots

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did you ever have an animation before when you added that to a pool ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 24 (1,787 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, I did a lot in Brindleton Bay with a pool (was supposed to be an ocean) with a fishing sign and had the animation.  I did the lot about six months ago.  Another builder reported that she tried the pool/fishing pool thing on Johnny Zest's lot, (I think that's Slipshod Mesquite) and had the animations of fish jumping there.  She did not get the animations on the Rio Verde lot.  

I'll go check Slipshod Mesquite myself to see if I can get the animations there.  

There's a bunch of us doing this for a building challenge on the English forums and apparently everyone can get the animations EXCEPT for some lots in Oasis Springs.  

Message 3 of 24 (1,779 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yup, there are fish swimming and jumping in the pool at Slipshod Mesquite. Don't know why Rio Verde and Cacti Casa don't have them.  You still can catch fish without the animations of fish swimming and jumping though on the Cacti Casa lot.  Haven't tried the Rio Verde lot, just heard the report from the other builder. 

Message 4 of 24 (1,775 Views)

Hero
Did you try these lots before ? Was it never working on these specific lots ? Maybe it has something to do with the way they are situated.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 24 (1,748 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I did not try these lots before, but others are reporting that all the other lots they've tried in worlds other than Oasis Springs have the animations and some lots in Oasis Springs have the animations and others do not.  

Message 6 of 24 (1,743 Views)

Hero
Def. doesn't sound like something that can be solved by troubleshooting.

I suggest you post it in the bug forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

As it's a cheat issue (buydebug) it will def. not have much priority but I can tag it as needs input and see how many people think this needs fixing.

To me it seems it never worked right if it it's only certain lots. Would be great if you tested which lots are affected.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 24 (1,738 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I understand it will not be a priority to fix, since this is an usual situation with players trying to build tropical lots with pools as oceans using cheats; it's definitely not a normal play thing.  I will post it on the link you provided.  I don't think I have the time to check all the lots in Oasis Springs, but I will ask the challenge participants to report if they are or are not able to get the fish swimming/jumping animations on whatever lots they choose in Oasis Springs.  Thank you so much for your help., Crinrict and happy simming!

Message 8 of 24 (1,728 Views)

Hero
Thanks for creating a bug thread on the issue.

I've merged the rest of our conversation in here

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 24 (1,717 Views)