Re: [NEEDS INPUT] No fish swimming/jumping animations on some Oasis Springs lots

by jojoMOMSTER

Original Post

Re: No fish animations on some Oasis Spring lots

★★★★★ Apprentice

Per testing by other players here are the list of tested lots in Oasis Springs.

No fish swimming/jumping animations

-Raffia Quinta

-Dusty Turf

-Granada Place

-Arid Ridge

-Sultry Springside

-Yuma Heights

-Affluista Mansion

-Vista Quarry

-Springscape

-Rio Verde

-Cacti Casa

These lots have the animations:

-The Future's Past

-The Solar Flare

-Burner's & Builders

-Rattlesnake Juice

-Desert Bloom

-Nookstone

-Pebble Burrow

-Sandtrap Flat

-Agave Abode

-Slipshod Mesquite

Message 11 of 24 (1,057 Views)

Hero

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 24 (1,044 Views)

★ Pro

The none jumping fish animation issue also happen in NewCrest on every lot. Strange thing is that jumping fish are visible on first lot load, but after leaving and coming back, no more visible fish.

Message 13 of 24 (1,011 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] No fish swimming/jumping animations on some Oasis Springs lots

★★★★ Novice

I have tested all lots in Oasis Springs by dropping the same build with a fish pond.  The trouble appears to be by neighborhood.  When the fish were not jumping in the pond on the lot they were also not jumping in the community fishing holes in the neighborhood and vice versa. Neighborhoods with no fish jumping animation: Skyward Palms, Acquisition Butte, Parched Prospect.Forgotten Grotto.  Neighborhoods with Fish Jump Animation: Bedrock Stright, Oasis Springs Commercial District, Desert Bloom Park.

All testing done in same game file using a vanilla game with all packs installed. Tested on MSI GS73VR 7RG. I know the debug pond on my lot (same build every time) is not compromised because fish jump animations all work in Willow Creek, Newcrest, Windenberg and Magnolia Promenade.

Red= No Fish Jumping Animation Green= Yes Fish Jumping Anination

Message 14 of 24 (982 Views)

★★★★ Novice
version 1.46.181020
Message 15 of 24 (981 Views)

★ Pro
I dont undertstand how NewCrest can work for you, but not for others. Have you left a lot and revisit AFTER you placed the lot? Have you read my obove post?
Message 16 of 24 (960 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I placed one instance of my build in Newcrest. I did not map out all of Newcrest. The thing to do would be to try each neighbohood and see if it’s. a Neighbourhood problem there also meaning if both on lot and off lot fishing spots have the same correlation between jumping fish working and not working. I will take that on and see if the animation presence or absence affects the entire neighbourhood im Newcrest as with Oasis Springs.

Message 17 of 24 (935 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Also I did in my initial test have SIMs from different worlds visit each other and the fish jump behaviour was the same on the home lot as the lot where the SIM was visiting. The animations on lot do not work when no SIM is on the lot however the neibourhood fishing spots fish jumping behaviour was always the same as when a SIM was on the lot in that neighbourhood.
Message 18 of 24 (932 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I have Sims living in Newcrest and their ponds have NO animated/jumping fish. So I don't know what you are testing to be hunest.

Message 19 of 24 (912 Views)

Hero
Thanks for all the testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 24 (904 Views)