by Nimbindi

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] No caterer/mixologist for wedding

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? backyard pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? plan a wedding
What happens when the bug occurs? Hire a caterer and mixologist. Neither of them appear at wedding. Unable to eat cake, no cake. Unable to have 3 drinks, no mixologist.
What do you expect to see? Caterer and mixologist at party doing their jobs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have planned two weddings so far, and both times I hired one caterer (max allowed) and one mixologist (max allowed). When we arrive at the wedding, there is a list of things that need to be done. Most are easy to do but without a caterer my guests cannot eat food, or the cake. Also, with no mixologist there are no drinks. My first wedding was at Magnolia Park, my second at the Velvet Nightclub, where I was at least able to get drinks from the bartender there.

Message 1 of 5 (2,323 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] No caterer/mixologist for wedding

Hero

Hi @Nighteyez01

I unfortunately didn't find the time to test this so a few questions.

• Does it happen at all venues ? 
  • Does it happen for other events than weddings as well ?
  • Do you pick an existing one or let the game create a new one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (2,203 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It only happened at two venues. I don't do weddings anymore, I just have them elope now. However, in the two times I did a wedding, there was no picture of a sim in either of the boxes. So maybe there were none to choose from? Both weddings happened after only 1 or 2 days of Sim time. I purposely started flirting with one of the females who came over to welcome me to the neighborhood, and went on the first date that evening. Even got as far as proposal. Wasn't until the next day that I tried to plan the wedding. So maybe none of the other sims had become caterers, or mixologists.

Message 3 of 5 (2,194 Views)

Hero
Are you the same person as OP ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (2,181 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, Nighteyes is my account my grandson uses, and Nimbindi is the account I use. We both have Sims 4, but only I have the cats and dogs expansion. My grand daughter also has an account with Sims 4. (EA Loves me LOL)

Message 5 of 5 (2,172 Views)