by MeltingPenguins

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] No active career work pop-up if work from home at the same time

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to work, Realm of Magic, StrangerVille, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampire, Spa Day, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Outdoor Retreat, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim with the medical career (I haven't tested for scientist or police yet) and another with e.g. the politics career so that the politicians 'work from home/go to work' reminder pops up just when the medical career sims should head to work.
What happens when the bug occurs? the pop-up to join the med sim did not pop up. He went to work just fine (the other sim did too), but I couldn't join him.
What do you expect to see? The pop-up to join the sim to appear instead of the the work from home/go to work one overwriting it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I recently discovered that the 'work from home/go to work' reminder call some careers have (writer, politician, etc) seems to "overwrite" the 'join/send alone' pop-up for the medical career (haven't yet tested with scientist or police) if the medical career pop-up would appear at the same time.

The medical Sim will go to work alone with no option to join, which can be bothersome as doctor and detective require joining them for promotions.

EDIT by Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 5 (1,243 Views)

Re: Medical Career not getting pop-up when other Sims career reminder triggers

Hero
@MeltingPenguins If they pop up at the same time, that's always a problem. Are you sending the work from home career Sim to work on their own when the pop-up comes or choose to work from home ?

There was someone else with two active careers having the same issue but clicking to send on their own made the next pop-up appear.

You can't join two active careers at the same time and I can see it being a problem for a work at home career and active career combination too.

If you're sending them to work on their own for the work at home career, you should be able to join the other though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,203 Views)

★ Guide

I clicked 'go to work' for the Politician, then switched control to the medical career, who would proceed to switch into his scrubs and head to work without the popup.

The politician since got promoted, so the issue doesn't appear anymore (so far)

Message 3 of 5 (1,179 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MeltingPenguins So there was no popup for the second Sim after you sent the politician to go to work ? I don't think you should need to switch for the second pop-up to show up.

Going to mark this as needs input for now to see if anyone else has conflicts with active/work from home pop-ups.

I would say it's the same as with active careers if you chose to work from home for the first.

EDIT: I'll refrain from adding pack tags on this as there would be too many

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (1,151 Views)

★ Guide

There wasn't.

The politician's reminder popped up (the green think with three buttons), I clicked on the 'go to work' button and switched back to the medical sim (who was on rank 1 of the career at the time. politician was at... I think two ranks below where you can pic between politician and charity paths?) but he'd just change into his scrubs and head to work.

Message 5 of 5 (1,128 Views)