Re: Get Famous notifications disappearing after a second [one of many bugs]

by SimGuruNick

Original Post

Get Famous notifications disappearing after a second [one of many bugs]

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all gamepacks, Stuff packs: Laundry Day, Bowling, Vintage Glamour. Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join the Actor career
What happens when the bug occurs? When a notification from the Actor career pops up, it disappears after a second or so. This always happens with 'Oppurtunity notifications' (or whatever they are called, I never get to see them for more then a second), with contents such as 'Do X task in 24 hours'. It sometimes also happens with other notifications (e.g. 'X Sim did well at the audition).
What do you expect to see? That notification, but it should stay until I delete it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed Get Famous, Laundry Day Stuff and Spa Day as a bundle.

This is one of an assortment of bugs that started occuring after installing these three expansion packs. on a new save in a completely clean game. Other bugs are:

- Sims immediately waking up after going to sleep (going to main menu and back fixes it for a while) 

- Sims having routing issues for specific objects (including the stove) 

- Sudden frame rate drops for a few minutes (not simulation lag, actual very low frame rate)

- Queued actions cancelling

Sometimes heavy simulation lag also exists.

Message 31 of 36 (1,030 Views)

Hero

Hi @MargotTeresa

I merged your post with existing thread.

Please also make one thread per issue although most of yours already have one. The information you are providing for them are a bit short.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 36 (1,019 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi Crin,
Thanks for your response!

I deliberately included the other issues as background because it can't be a coincidence that all these issues start appearing at once - otherwise this topic is clearly one one issue.

This is the only issue that never occured before, all the others I have seen before at one point or another (usually not fixed by troubleshooting, but by simply waiting for the next patch or 'problem-solves-itself'-magic). I am aware of the various ways to troubleshoot the other issue. 

Message 33 of 36 (1,014 Views)

EA Staff

Hello there!

Is someone still experiencing this issue? If so, what packs do you own? Do you use any mods? Can you send us your dxdiag?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Thank you very much! 

Message 34 of 36 (953 Views)

★ Novice

Hello, I am still experiencing the issue. Actually, I just updated my game today and I started having this issue. I have Cats & Dogs, Get to Work, and Vampires, and no mods. See attached dxdiag.

Message 35 of 36 (924 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone possibly share a save file where they've encountered this issue? Thanks so much for the help! 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 36 of 36 (878 Views)