by Juliette_Capp19

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] No Notification Pop-ups

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I don't know. I have the November 13 update.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Get to Work, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Get Together, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Dine Out, Cool Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Do anything that would trigger a notification pop-up
What happens when the bug occurs? Notifications do not pop up. I have to go to the panel to see them
What do you expect to see? Notifications do not pop up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed the November 13 2018 update.

I am not getting Notification pop-ups. I have to go to the notifications panel to see them. I have tried creating a new game, clearing notifications, and repairing my game. Nothing is working. It is really affecting my gameplay, so I would greatly appreciate any ideas as to a solution.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 9 of 36 (4,622 Views)

Notifications Disappearing too Fast

★★★★★ Novice

I just started playing Sims 4 today after installing the new update, and I've noticed that my notifications are disappearing way too fast. I don't even get time to read them before they're gone. I have to open up the notification panel to read them, and it's really disrupting my game. Any ideas as to a solution?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 36 (4,678 Views)

Re: Notifications Disappearing too Fast

I don't seem to have this issue, do you have any mods or CC that might be causing this issue? Could you test and see how the game works without them?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 36 (4,666 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi!

I've never had any mods in my game.

Thanks for responding so quickly!

Message 3 of 36 (4,654 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

*I have also never used CC.

Message 4 of 36 (4,648 Views)

Could it be your wall is full with notifications? Have you tried clearing it? 
If that doesn't help, could you test and see if a new game also has that issue?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 5 of 36 (4,630 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I cleared all of my notifications, but still had the problem. I also started a new game, and it didn't help.

Message 6 of 36 (4,615 Views)

Do you think you can take a short video of the issue? You should be able to with the in game video options. 

If you could make a new bug report in the bug forum and attach that video (you might need to upload it to YouTube). 
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 7 of 36 (4,605 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't think a video would help because the notifications have stopped popping up. I have to go to the panel to view them. But I can create a new thread about the issue.

Message 8 of 36 (4,596 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Getting this issue as well. Don't have any mods or special settings. Started having this issue after downloading the new xpack and patch today. Frown

Message 10 of 36 (4,582 Views)