Re: [NEEDS INPUT] No Light/Shadow through Glass Roof

by mads199007

Original Post

Re: Glass Roof Bug

@CalyxSpaceAce 

Thanks @puzzlezaddict! I downloaded Puzzlez' test build and managed to replicate it on two different Macs. I also took a little video:

I think this is a bug.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 11 of 21 (1,775 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  After this I tried repairing my game again to see if it had any effect. It seems this time, if I've got the lighting setting on extra high I can get the roof over a room to work but still not the basement. Whatever this is its very temperamental. I have no doubt's its not intentional, just very irritating! I try to keep my settings below extra high in order not to stress out my already-overworked macbook, but it seems to be the only setting that is allowing the light through, which is very odd! (also I understand, I haven't changed from Sierra for both a. I don't want to get used to the new ones, Sierra works fine, and b. some of the programmes I use don't run on newer OS so I stick to Sierra for their peace of mind!)

Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 16.41.54.png

Message 12 of 21 (1,762 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora ah. Glad to know I'm not going completely loopy at least, hopefully it's something that can be fixed.
Message 13 of 21 (1,760 Views)

@CalyxSpaceAce  I understand why you wouldn't want to max out the settings, although as long as I keep my own Mac cool, it handles things just fine.  Still, given the evidence, it probably is a bug.

My MacBook Pro is Bootcamped, so I tested in Windows just now, with the same settings.  (Although I have to note that my GPU is rated as a 5 in Windows and a 4 in macOS.)  I saw exactly the same issues in Windows, with one exception:  When all of the basement roofs were closed, the floors disappeared as well as the walls.  The objects in the basement rooms were still visible though.

09-30-19_1-12-37 PM.png

As it happens, I hadn't updated the game in Windows since patch 1.52.100.1020, so I tested on that first, then on 1.55.108.1020, the current patch.  The behavior was exactly the same on each patch level.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 21 (1,738 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

At the request of EA Help, I am posting my screenshots of the problem with basements and roofs in The Sims 4. I am new here. I've posted these screenshots somewhere else on this site.

Ground_level.jpg

Basement.jpg

Message 15 of 21 (1,656 Views)

Champion

I’m actually having this problem on the 4th floor of a...admittedly very unrealistic... mansion I built. I put in a pool at the top of the house and wanted a large section of glass roof over it rather than using pool lights but the glass roof doesn’t let light in unless you don’t quite join it to the roof next to it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 16 of 21 (1,503 Views)

★★ Novice

Here's more input. Really hoping this'd get fixed, working on some pretty cool underwater mansion and roof windows would be the icing on the cake.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Finnish
How often does the bug occur? Always
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expect the new Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a basement. Remove the roof. Try to add a glass roof, or Crystal Clear from Island Living.
What happens when the bug occurs? Walls and floor on the basement go invisible. See the attachment for pictures.
What do you expect to see? Walls and floor on basement staying intact.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yeah, a lot. Seeing this appearing on unmodded reports as well, I didn't feel like removing my 7GB mod folder.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No idea, first time trying to build something like this in my many years of playing.

Message 17 of 21 (1,404 Views)

Does anyone notice? Sun and moon light bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 167451020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Tiny Living, Family Living, Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a room with big windows and pay attention to the sun and moon lighting that goes through then. The bug also happens with glass roof.
What happens when the bug occurs? The lightning going through the glass always shows up in the outside, even when it shouldn't. But it never happens on the inside of the room. It's easy to see in the images.
What do you expect to see? The light should behave more naturaly, going trought the glass into the room.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

In the first image, you can see in the room that it's not closed, the lights works how it should. But, when I close the room (So the game see it as inside), it doesn't show any ligth coming trought the window. 

In the next one, at nigth, the moon light is passing trought the window in the closed room, as if light source is inside the room. Notice that in all the examples, there are roofs. 

In the last image, both rooms have glass roof, but the light only shows in the outside one.

Message 18 of 21 (1,393 Views)

Re: Does anyone notice? Sun and moon light bug

Hero
@tah_simis Is this your issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-No-Light-Shadow-through-Glass-Roof/td-p/8215096 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 21 (1,338 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict such a thourough testing, thank you so much for this! I play with my settings on high and was wondering if that was the issue with the lighting not showing up through the glass roofs
Message 20 of 21 (996 Views)