by Lorraine-Simmer

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] New Librarians Being Spawned Instead of Using Librarians I Picked

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Save a librarian Sim, then go on a new file. Go to a library on the new file, go to manage worlds, and replace the current librarian with the saved librarian Sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? Instead of using the librarians that I picked, the game insists on spawning new librarians.
What do you expect to see? My librarians being picked for the role.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Okay, this is really annoying. I have at least four librarians that I liked saved from other files to use in subsequent files. I figured this should work, provided that they have the required Neat and Bookwork traits, along with a hidden Librarian trait. This worked with DJs and landlords, so I figured that it would work with librarians. However, instead of any of these librarians being picked for the role, the game insists on spawning new ones instead.

Also, all except for one out of twenty something librarians followed these trends. And at least half of them were red or blonde-haired Japanese Sims.

Message 1 of 6 (1,406 Views)

Re: New Librarians Being Spawned Instead of Using Librarians I Picked

Champion
The DJ and Landlord professions are slightly different, because they are employed by sim companies - DJs are employed by Electronic Artists and Landlords are employed by the landlord company. These aren't tied to a speicific location, so they show up wherever they are needed.

The Librarians on the other hand are employed by the specific library lot where they spawned. If you ask them what their career is, they will tell you that they work at a particular library. Similar jobs like this include Gym Trainers.

I haven't figured out a way to force the game to pick sims I made specifically for those places by just giving them the necessary traits. I think you'd need to mod the tuning file for librarian creation and force it to select from pre-existing sims.
Message 2 of 6 (1,377 Views)

★★★ Guide

@simvasion

I don't think that's the issue, though. I just tested it, and I have four librarians that were saved from the Willow Creek Archive in the townie pool. Despite this, however, a completely new librarian keeps spawning at the Willow Creek Archive.

Message 3 of 6 (1,348 Views)

Champion
That doesn't matter though, because the Willow Creek Archive in a new save would be considered a totally different venue from a technical perspective of a save file. That's why it isn't working for you. I don't think this is a bug, this is just an engine limitation because of the way it was made.
Message 4 of 6 (1,338 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Ah, so it's probably an engine limitation? I think I get it now. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't all look the same, though. Usually red/blonde-haired Japanese Sims, or otherwise a Sim with a CL name, CL/Vampires clothing/hair (often Romantic Garden as well), almost all having funny walk styles. A good chunk of the male librarians have handlebar mustaches, too.

All in all, I just really wish that there was a way to assign our own Sims to NPC roles.

Message 5 of 6 (1,318 Views)

Re: [OPEN] New Librarians Being Spawned Instead of Using Librarians I Picked

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (1,257 Views)