by AngelPlys

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] 'Need a vacation' moodlet reappears after taking PTO/Vacation

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Island living, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Backyard stuff, Bowling night stuff, Luxury Party stuff, Movie Hangout stuff, Perfect patio stuff, Romantic garden stuff, Spooky stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim have a job, then go to work until "need a vacation"-moodlet appears for the first time. Then choose "take PTO" when the phone pop-up appears with the 3 choices. Then have sim go to work the day after vacation day. Sim will imidiatly have the "need vacation"-moodlet again. Or have sim go on vacation to vacation spot. and have them go to work after vacation. Same will happen, with imidiate "need vacation"-moodlet.
What happens when the bug occurs? The "need vacation"-moodlet comes back every time sims comes home from work even after vacation.
What do you expect to see? That the "need vacation"-moodlet stays away for some days aftar vacation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It's frustrating to have sim being desperate for vacation everyday, even after vacation. Vacation either being the "Take PTO" option or vacation on vacation lot.

Message 1 of 10 (2,333 Views)

Re: Need a vacation moodlet

Hero
@AngelPlys Does this only happen with work from home careers or also with rabbithole ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (2,300 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Haven't testet with other types of career but will test it out next time I play.

Don't think the moodlet was triggered when I chose "work from home", only when I chose "go to work". 

Message 3 of 10 (2,276 Views)

Hero
@AngelPlys Not sure. Just curious if it's an issue for all careers or only certain ones.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (2,262 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] 'Need a vacation' moodlet reappears after taking PTO/Vacation

★★ Guide

This just happened to me, too. My main Sim and his spouse took a week's vacation to Selvadorada. They left on a Monday and came back on a Saturday. 

The spouse is a Business career (so rabbit hole) person. On the following Monday the spouse goes to work, comes home, and is "Tense (needs a vacation)". It repeated on Tuesday. 

Message 5 of 10 (2,191 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save with me, to help us investigate? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for your help!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 10 (2,119 Views)

Needs a Day Off Triggering After Vacations

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This happened for me after going on vacation, wasn't seeing the moodlet before going on vacation, but now it won't go away no matter how many vacations my sims take.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims will go on vacation but they won't get the happy vacation buff, and they even started getting the needs a day off debuff once they came back.
What do you expect to see? After returning from vacation should have a happy moodlet, should not see the needs a vacation debuff.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The November update/Snowy Escape.

I had my sims travel to Selvadorada and when they came back they started getting the "Needs a Day Off" moodlet. It doesn't matter how many vacations I take, where they go, or how many vacation days they have remaining, they still get it. I'm also not getting the moodlet that says they went on vacation at all.

Message 7 of 10 (2,006 Views)

Re: Needs a Day Off Triggering After Vacations

Hero
@silver_doe94 I merged your thread with the existing thread on this.

QA is looking for saves so if you could send your to Nick as requested above, that would be great.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (1,998 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi Nick,

I've included my most recent save that is still having this issue below. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18UXb1fVrEn5aZbgg1gEQLhMUYcwOJemP/view?usp=sharing

Message 9 of 10 (1,597 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] 'Need a vacation' moodlet reappears after taking PTO/Vacation

★★ Apprentice

Also, to give more input, the needs a vacation moodlet only seems to appear with rabbit hole careers or if I send sims to work. It does not trigger on freelance careers or if I have my sim work from home. In fact, no matter how much PTO they have, if they consistently work from home they won't get the moodlet. I hope that helps with testing and whatnot.

Message 10 of 10 (1,554 Views)