by Dinosaur918

Original Post

[OPEN] NanoCan Touchless Trash Can not working Off The Grid

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, and stuff packs except Eco Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In buy mode, by clicking on the NanoCan Touchless Trash Can and looking at the info screen that pops up.
What happens when the bug occurs? In the information menu in Buy mode, there is a message the NanoCan Touchless Trash Can works off the grid. This is not correct.
What do you expect to see? The "works off the grid"-message being removed (since it works on electricity) OR The trash can working off the grid
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 12 (4,416 Views)

Re: NanoCan Touchless Trash Can not working Off The Grid

★★★★ Apprentice

See screenshot

Message 2 of 12 (4,406 Views)

Hero
@Dinosaur918 By nor working, do you mean it doesn't give you any money ?

That's actually more of a general bug..

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 12 (4,329 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict The trash can also doesn't give any money.

But the problem here is the trash can not working on off the grid lots. Sims can't use the trash can or can't put any trash inside it.
Message 4 of 12 (4,299 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The reason why this is a serious glitch is: most of the sims garbage cans DON'T work off the grid. Well, they accept garbage, but the "exterior" trash receptacles aren't bottomless like they are if you're playing a on the grid lot, so eventually they reach capacity and overflow.

The logical progression is to buy the nano can, which converts the digital garbage to energy. Since it can't accept anything, our sims have a nasty lot.

(Also, I am not in love with the nano can's futuristic aesthetic, it' clashes with my OTG castaway look)

Message 5 of 12 (3,598 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] NanoCan Touchless Trash Can not working Off The Grid

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Dinosaur918Actually, the trash can does work off the grid, the only other problem I and most players have had since 4 patches ago is that dragging garbage or plates of food into it will not give you any additional power or cash from it. You must instruct your Sims to take the trash over to it, whether the trash source is other garbage cans, leftover food, or piles of rubble that conveniently spawn after fixing a broken object.

Also, you have to wait on the trash can's accent lighting to turn green before you put something else in there, otherwise, they'll just run out to the outside receptacle.

Message 6 of 12 (3,549 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SmoggyLambGG I just rechecked a few seconds ago. The Nano can can't still be used on off the grid lots. Sims just put everyting on the ground.

When on the grid, it can be used and my Sims will get money when trash is put inside it.
Message 7 of 12 (3,488 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Do you need some real convincing? This is off the grid, and I even show you the bills and utilities before and after my Sim puts trash into it.

Message 8 of 12 (3,463 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SmoggyLambGG Strange... In my game this doesn't work... Maybe there is another problem or solution to fix this...
Message 9 of 12 (3,427 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I see I can put in the trash myself (by clicking and dragging to the trash can). But my Sim is not able to: he picks it up and puts it down again. When I remove off the grid, everything works fine.

Message 10 of 12 (3,402 Views)