Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Nanny can't enter a locked home with "allow employees" set

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44.88
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Lock front door and set to allow employees, then call to hires services on phone and hire a nanny. They cannot get into the home.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nanny will either run around your house looking for a way in, or will stand at the front door until their time is up and then they leave. Some will quit work early and start doing other things like jogging, singing, changing their nanny outfit to regular clothes.
What do you expect to see? The nanny coming through the locked front door with allow employees set, or either have a new selection added called allow Nanny to the lock system.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hired a Nanny to care for new baby. I have the front door locked for household, and allowed butler and allowed employees. The Nanny can't come in the house! I even tried adding to a group and walking here together option, but still no. Are Nannies not employees? I don't want to leave the front door unlocked because my Sim has yard sales, and when she does the people go into the house. I keep it locked to keep them outside. I have no mods or cc. She can get in if I unlock the door completely, but not until then. Butler can go in and out no problem, maid can come in also. Only the Nanny can't come in if it's set to allow employees. 

Message 1 of 8 (2,827 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Nanny can't enter a locked home with "allow employees&quo

Hero
@Sketch793 @TheNUBalicious @MysticGlamazon Tested this and it looks fixed to me.

Can anyone confirm ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (2,451 Views)

All Replies

Re: [OPEN] Nanny can't enter a locked home with "allow employees" set

Hero
Duplicated and added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (2,744 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Nanny can't enter a locked home with "allow employees" set

★ Guide
I had this issue with a Nanny and the maid and with the landlord for my sims apartment. I had to constantly remember to unlock the door but then if I forgot to lock it back after everyone left random sims would show up and be in my apartment even though I know I never gave them a key to my sims house.
Message 3 of 8 (2,711 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
I have the same problem. I'm using Springscape in Oasis Springs. The front door is locked but allows household and employees, and it's the only door that can be reached from the street.

The nanny arrives, announces herself in messages, and then stands at the front door. She will not come in the house to do her job unless I unlock the door. However, she does do her job if I put things outside where she can reach them, such as the bathtub, or if the toddlers come outside to talk with her.

Seems to be a problem with the definition of employees.
Message 4 of 8 (2,587 Views)

Hero
@Sketch793 @TheNUBalicious @MysticGlamazon Tested this and it looks fixed to me.

Can anyone confirm ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (2,452 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Looks fixed to me. Hired a nanny who stood outside the locked door for quite awhile, despite a baby with a dirty diaper, but she came right in and changed the diaper as soon as I allowed employees.

Message 6 of 8 (2,427 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Nanny can't enter a locked home with "allow employees&amp

★★ Apprentice

It is not fixed. Gave my nanny keys to the residence and she still won't come in, regardless of anything, unless I completely unlock all doors.

No mods, no CC, playing on PS4

Message 7 of 8 (2,216 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Nanny can't enter a locked home with "allow employees&

Hero
@BeautyBot Please create anew thread if your'e still having issues with this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (2,208 Views)