by Majda428

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Nanny arrives without being called

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Get Together, Get to Work, Kids Room Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a baby or a toddler, call a caregiver when all adults are at work and later (when adults are at home) wait for him/her to come again, uninvited
What happens when the bug occurs? The caregiver arrives without being called - not only as a guest, he also wants me to pay him for the work nobody wanted him to do
What do you expect to see? Caregiver arriving only for a visit or not at all - unless called of course
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It appeared after the 20th December 2018 patch

Hi everyone,

since the latest patch (20th December 2018) caregiver arrives at my household without being called first and expects me to pay him for turning up. My family's budget does not approve and I am not happy about it either. Does this happen to anyone else? Is there a way to solve it? Thanks for all answers.

Regards

Majda

Caregiver.png

Message 1 of 5 (991 Views)

Re: Caregiver arrives without being called

★★★★ Guide
I had a similar situation play out in one of my households in my most GF save. After a sudden expansion of the family (semi-long story), I caved in and had one of the parents hire a nanny to look after the toddlers and babies for the day so the 1 parent that was home could get some work done. The nanny ended up staying over a day unprompted and then I finally got the "time is up" notice. Next day, the nanny showed up again but no one had called. I'm like, does the game think I need more help? lol Anyway, I had an emergency in another household so I had to flip over there for a moment. And, when I got back to his family again, the nannies had doubled--the original and a new one. I had my sim dismiss them both individually and they haven't returned unprompted again. IDK if this helps, but hope it was an entertaining story of what happened to me (regarding this issue). :D
Message 2 of 5 (938 Views)

Hero
My nanny never leaves anymore at all. I'm not sure what's going on with them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (925 Views)

Champion
I haven’t used nannies much but I just assumed I should use the dismiss option when I was done, and they left.

Then when I needed them again, I called and hired.

Maybe it’s a continuous service until you dismiss?
Message 4 of 5 (903 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Nanny arrives without being called

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (869 Views)