by simvasion

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Naked sim running around

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Ep05.134
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except journey to batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play the game as normal and a random naked sim runs past
What happens when the bug occurs? A random naked sim runs past
What do you expect to see? No random naked sim
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

See photo

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 15 (3,956 Views)

Re: Naked sim running around

Champion
@its_swiftie24 if you have the Free Love neighbourhood action plan in that area, then it's not a bug as that NAP has streakers as part of it.
Message 2 of 15 (3,930 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I checked that and its not one of the NAPs

Message 3 of 15 (3,925 Views)
Highlighted

Champion
@its_swiftie24 there's a whole bunch of other triggers for streaking in the game, including Seasons holidays with the streaking holiday tradition, erratic sims wanting to shower in the rain, Discover University's Spirit Squad Game Day party, a sim using the mischief interaction "Dare to Streak", Island Living's Clothing Optional lot trait... none of those are bugs either.

There's not enough information to know and it's never happened in my game. Did you get the October 6 patch update? The thing you wrote in the "what is your current game version number" box is not a game version number.

You can find it in your Documents > The Sims 4 > GameVersion.txt
Message 4 of 15 (3,911 Views)

★★★ Guide

Now that explains why it's been happening to me, All my problems areas do have Free Love NAP.

But on the earth does naked joggers got to do with Free Love

Message 5 of 15 (3,900 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well its nonw of those, its happened twice with different sims. The holiday was one i created - bonfire night. And i didnt put streaking. Its never happened before the october 6th patch so i assumed it was that and reported it

Message 6 of 15 (3,880 Views)

★★★ Guide
@its_swiftie24 I have an issue where sims will shower in the rain or skinny dip and then never get dressed and therefore run around naked.
Message 7 of 15 (3,829 Views)

Too many nudists outside 'Clothes are Optional' lots

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? No idea and no desire to launch it again until potions/freelancers update fix. Latest, I guess. October 10th, 2020.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All to date.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea. Having 'Clothes are optional' on _any_ lot at _any_ map within savegame seems to cause it. Sticking few lots with that lot trait on maps other than one I played seemed to increase occurrence frequency. Still, absolutely not sure so not adding that pack's tag to title.
What happens when the bug occurs? On average, you'll see a completely naked person passing by your lot at least once a day. Occasionally, more often. Naked and calm, as if it's a completely legit course of events. With nothing but censorship pixels on its hips.
What do you expect to see? Either: - no nudists outside dedicated nudist lots - nudists are present - and are either in a hurry (as if provoked by relevant Mischief interaction) or in an UTTER hurry (as some nudists behaved in previous Sims installments) (- or both)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'd be glad to shot a quick video describing how often I get nudist bypassers - but hell, last time I tried it I ended up with two hours long video full of bugs me meself didn't encountered prior to recording attempt.

The game REALLY favours nudists now - which... simply doesn't look well.

Had fewer naked people while living at StrangerVille trailer park.

Tad more after moving to Newcrest.

Tad fewer after moving to SM apartments of m-me Bheeda. Or maybe no less often since the view is being obstructed by buildings often.

Didn't had 'Clothes are Optional' at any of my abovementioned dwellings.

Message 8 of 15 (3,769 Views)

Re: Too many nudists outside 'Clothes are Optional' lots

[ Edited ]
Hero

@eustacecs No free love NAPs active ?

Merging this with the other report of more or less random nude Sims

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 15 (3,756 Views)

Re: Too many nudists outside 'Clothes are Optional' lots

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict, appreciated. Failed to find it somehow.

At StrangerVille Trailer Park - Free Love was active for some time. Had to Petition it out after mr. Vladislaus the Goddamn Vampire started romancing my poor sod. Then, after few weeks of experimenting with restaurants, I moved to Newcrest. There were few more voting weeks prior to me moving away from my trailer park lair but Free Love never had a chance to become active again.

At Newcrest - never became active. Was proposed few times but I managed to rig votes for Fizzing during first occasion, Power Conservation second. Didn't seen what was proposed during Week 3 there - moved to SM.

At SM - never became active and, I believe, it wasn't even proposed. Can't be too sure - I only played there for about one in-game week, noticed few mentioned 'calm and naked' bypassers then quit'ed for some time. And I totally had no time for mailbox checking there...

Besides, if Free Love indeed have 'Clothes Out!' policy included at no extra cost - shouldn't it be mentioned in main policy's description? Alas, my English isn't as fluent as it should be to play this game but I failed to notice any mentionings of this extra bonus in policy's description.

Message 10 of 15 (3,749 Views)