[FIXED] NPCs coming into apartments/houses uninvited

by JochenWeiss

Original Post

Re: [CL] NPCs coming into apartment uninvited

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Double-checked the NPC neighbors' traits. My Sim is living in the Culpepper apartments and the NPC neighbors are Raj and Geeta Rasoya. Neither of them have the Goofball or Insane trait.

I've locked the door to keep them out for now. So, they hang around outside the door for awhile and then tell me "I've got to go, thanks for hanging out with me." Very strange behavior after they've been pounding on the door complaining about the noise and I've ignored them!

Message 10 of 151 (7,777 Views)

Hero

Thanks for checking

Tagging @SimQARobo

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 151 (6,350 Views)

EA Sims Team

@JasonVega2 @crinrict

Thanks for the additional info.  We'll take a look.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 12 of 151 (6,328 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

My Sim has moved to Medina Studios and is continuing to have this problem with the new neighbor, Salim Benali. Again - he does not have the Goofball or the Insane trait.

Every time he has said anything to my Sim he then feels free to come on into the apartment. He came in after they said "hi" in the hallway. He came in after my Sim's stove caught fire after yelling about it before my Sim put it out. Interacting inside the confines of the apartment complex seems to been an invitation to come into the apartment itself.

I've removed all mods and am running clean right now - so I don't think this is mod related.

Message 13 of 151 (6,317 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [CL] NPCs coming into apartment uninvited

★ Apprentice

Same issue. 

Middle of the night, no previous social interactions with neighbors to go on, but suddenly my landlord first and then 10 other sims showed up in the apartment. They seem to be everyone from the street below. No mods or CC, brand new game/save file, not even on night 4 with this household yet.

Message 14 of 151 (6,311 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I moved my sims into the Fountain View penthouse to avoid neighbour noise.  But I'm still getting two of my old neighbours showing up sometimes wanting to visit.  They enter the apartment, sit down, wave at my sim and I get the notification, "I'm bored..." and then they get back up, exit the apartment and wait at the door.

Message 15 of 151 (6,303 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I just had the same thing happen that JustAnEcho mentioned. Neighbor Sim walked into my apartment when my Sim was asleep - hadn't interacted with the neighbor at all that day.

Message 16 of 151 (6,291 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 151 (6,280 Views)

★ Guide

First of all, sorry for my english, I'm using google translate. I am also having this problem, other sims enter my attic, without having talked to them previously, and a sim with the kleptomaniac trait has entered and robbed me a chair and is gone, without any social interaction.

Message 18 of 151 (6,268 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have the same problem! I went to the large penthouse to have peace. But no, every day there are 4 neighbors outside the door no matter whether friends or not. Sometimes not even a word was spoken.

I have now locked the door and try to ignore it. 2 hours before my Sim goes to work, comes the first neighbor and stays hours before the door. It can not be that when he comes from work comes the next neighbor waiting.

Message 19 of 151 (6,252 Views)