Apartment neighbors and Townies barge into my apartment

by CrystalAbyss1

Original Post

Apartment neighbors and Townies barge into my apartment

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, parenthood, Dine out, Spa Day, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Bug occurs in the 17 Culpepper Apartment
What happens when the bug occurs? Neighbor sims and sims from outside enter my sims apartment without being invited inside. They use my sims items, and walk out. The option to “invite in” is available when they are already inside, and my sim cannot “ask to leave”.
What do you expect to see? For Sims from outside or neighbors should not just barge in and use my sims items. They do not a copy of the keys either.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, parenthood, Dine out, Spa Day, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Bug occurs in the 17 Culpepper Apartment
What happens when the bug occurs? Neighbor sims and sims from outside enter my sims apartment without being invited inside. They use my sims items, and walk out. The option to “invite in” is available when they are already inside, and my sim cannot “ask to leave”.
What do you expect to see? Sims from outside or neighbors should not just barge in and use my sims items. They do not a copy of the keys either.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 101 of 151 (1,842 Views)

Re: Apartment neighbors and Townies barge into my apartment

Hero

Hi @CrystalAbyss1

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 102 of 151 (1,814 Views)

Re: [CL] NPCs coming into apartment uninvited

★★★★★ Novice

also, locking the door isn't always the answer because if you lock it and then play a different household and visit that apartment you can't come in--even after you've been invited in :/

Message 103 of 151 (1,775 Views)

★★★ Guide
I started experiencing this issue today. I moved a sim to the 1 Torendi Tower Penthouse (she won the lottery, and could therefore afford a less humble house than what she had). Welcome wagon went as normal on her first day there. The next couple of days, different sims keep showing up and entering her place without being invited in. They are sims she already knows. Some come in, then after a while go out to the elevator and THEN ask to hang out because they're bored/whatever.
Message 104 of 151 (1,759 Views)

★★ Guide
I had this issue with Apartments, too.

When Neighbors would be in the hallway checking their Mail or something, they would sometimes wander into my apartment of their own volition, usually to start performing an action, which would then cancel shortly when they realized they were in my apartment.

I mostly ran into this issue with Lumps of Clay or Tablets that were left on tables that were against the same wall that bordered the Hallways.
The Neighbor would waltz on inside, pick up the clay or tablet, fiddle with it for a moment before placing it on the ground and walking back outside.
Message 105 of 151 (1,680 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

@Ryvaz @JosuDavidMC @CrystalAbyss1 @DreamaDove @Kathykins @Iyasenu

Unfortunately, after several attempts we have not been able to see this issue.

EDIT: Actually there is one case that we're aware of - If there is a toddler in the area, their caregiver may mistakenly try to enter your home.  We're looking into that case.

If the issue that you're seeing is not related to that, and if you have any other information or save files that you would be willing to share, please do.

Instructions for sending files are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Also, just to make sure that you have this information, I want to reiterate that in some cases, this is by design:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-NPCs-coming-into-apartments-houses-uninvited/m-p/5698931#...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 106 of 151 (1,646 Views)

Re: [OPEN] NPCs coming into apartments/houses uninvited

★ Guide

Happening to me, and I don't even own City Living.  It only started once I moved into the Riverside Roost lot in Willow Creek. Prior to that, my sims were experiencing normal NPC behavior, across multiple played households and save files.  I think it may be related specifically to this lot, as I've had the same issue here in the past.  Only mods I use are MCCC and some minor adjustments/fixes from Little Ms. Sam's site, nothing that should change how/when sims decide to enter my home uninvited.  And no, none of them are insane/goofballs.  Since this JUST started when I moved to this lot, I doubt it's mod related, anyway.  I'm betting it's a routing issue on this particular spot.  At least with MCCC I can make them leave before they pass out/wet themselves on my lawn....

Message 107 of 151 (1,570 Views)

Re: [OPEN] NPCs coming into apartments/houses uninvited

Hero

HI @Felicat82

did you see@SimQARobo post above ?

If that's not your case for you, please share your saves with QA.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 108 of 151 (1,559 Views)

NPC on home lots

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but fitness, kids room, toddler, and first pet.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't really know just stay on your apartment lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? NPC constantly show up, sometimes at late hours.
What do you expect to see? Less NPC bothering me.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

NPC keep showing up and walking into my house.

Message 109 of 151 (1,510 Views)

Re: NPC on home lots

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @LonelyFew

merged your post with existing thread but to be sure, did you test this on an unmodded game as well ?

EDIT: would you be willing to share your save as asked by QA ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 110 of 151 (1,479 Views)