by Marquillotuca89

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] NPCs Sims not interacting at bars

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to any bar, lounge, etc and see that NPC won't talk. The only place where sims talk is the studio.
What happens when the bug occurs? Well, everytime I go to a community lot (like bar, lounge, museum, etc) NPC sims on that place just don't interact with each other.
What do you expect to see? Alive sims
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the last patch and on pre-season patch.

The bug that happens is exactly like the one on this topic: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/945478/lifeless-and-non-interactive-sims/p2#

It happened to me with pre-seasons patch and now is happening again. I tested the mod that 83bienchen created and uploaded on this page: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/949286/get-famous-expansion-and-current-bugs/p2 , but I had to increase the values to 500 and 1000 to see my NPC interacting again. With that fix, the issue is less annoying, but on parks is almost impossible to see NPC sims talking, something dindn't happen before. 

Reading the  November, 13th, 2018 patch notes, it seems like  developers touched something on venues code too and not only the socialize and socialize as back up static commodities. Can somebody tell me what have been fixed?

Message 1 of 9 (1,535 Views)

Re: LIFELESS AND NON-INTERACTIVE SIMS... (again?)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Are you at 1.48 as you wrote or is that a typo ? Please update to 1.49 if it's not and try on that to make sure it's still happening

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,524 Views)

★ Guide

Sorry, it was a typo. My  game version is 1.49.

Checking the code, it seems like EA set the "Socialize" value to 0 again. 

Message 3 of 9 (1,515 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Out of curiosity, I decided to test this just now and I'm not seeing the non-interactive Sims bug at all in my game. Over the course of a Sim day, I sent two Sims to a library, restaurant, and bar and everything worked as it should. And before when the bug was happening I saw it something terrible in bars, lounges, and cafes. So, I know what happens and I'm just not seeing it.

Even though I only tested a bar out of the venues that were broken before, I feel confident in saying something else is going on in your game.

As an aside, I decided to go back and dig in the tuning files (I have them going all the way back to the Cats and Dogs patch on an external hard drive for my own modding purposes) and I really have no idea why Bienchen's mod ever worked, because those particular files have always had their values set the way they are.

Whatever Maxis broke and subsequently fixed, it wasn't either of those tuning files from what I can see.

Message 4 of 9 (1,501 Views)

Hero
Fixed the version :D

As I've not seen any other reports and I'm pretty sure many people would complain again if it was back as it was the case last time, I'm going to tag this as needs input but refrain from adding to the list for now.

There need to be more people saying this is an issue again especially since @manzana0807 said it was fine for them.

Could you maybe start a new save that never saw a mod and test if it has the same issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (1,488 Views)

★ Guide

OMG. This is so sad. Frown

I will clean re-install my games and see what happens. 

I'll be right back when I test it.

Thank you so much!

Message 6 of 9 (1,462 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] NPCs Sims not interacting at bars

★ Guide

Ok, so I clean re-installed my game. And even though I notice more sims talking, there's nothing like sims with 1.47.49 patch. Checking my files a little bit, I found this video I recorded in the past because I was preparing a little post to talk about this issue on forums and I got surprised when I realized that sims were talking a lot as usual. (that was the patch where EA fixed the issue)

Well, I decided to record again, this time with no mods and a brand new game after the installation and this was the result. 

Yeah, at the  beginning my sim had some chatting, but I think the difference is clear. My PC is not a high class gaming PC but it's pretty ok for The Sims 4 I think. My specs are:

Video Card: Nvidia GTX1060

RAM: 8 GB

Processor: Ryzen 5 1600X

So I don't think it can be a performance issue but I don't know if there are incompatibilities reported with  Ryzen and that Nvidia model. 

Message 7 of 9 (1,427 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I tried a cafe this evening in my game with my Sim in the Social Media career doing work at home tasks to socialize, and everything seems fine to me like it was with the other venues I tested.

I used a cafe I've had in my game for a few years now and not a Maxis lot, but I doubt that makes any difference. What I see in my game is along the lines of the first video you posted, before you say the problem started. When we had the really bad no socializing bug, it was super noticeable the difference for me. And I'm just not seeing that now.

I wonder if you're experiencing simulation lag @Marquillotuca89?

My machine is a little over three years old, but here's my specs for comparison:

AMD R9 370 4GB

Intel i-7 5820k 3.3GHz (overclocked to 3.6 GHz)

RAM 8GB

Message 8 of 9 (1,416 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Well, what I see from your aspects is you have a better processor than mine, but I'm not experiencing simulation lag right now. Well, when there are too many sims I actually have it, but with the numbers of sims I had on the lot on both cases I didn't have it. 

The problem seems to be the last patch. At least for me, it's like it took back the problem again.  I'm starting to get scared and frustrated for this, worse now that it seem I'm the only one having this bug.

Message 9 of 9 (1,412 Views)